Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a new machine >

I want a new machine

I want a new machine

Old 02-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Default I want a new machine

Has anyone had either of these machines?
I need a new straight stitch.
I have regular sewing machine with lots of built in designs, also have an embroidery machine, Esante,
but I want one just for quilting and fast straight stitching.
I had never heard of the Reliable sewing machine until I started checking out machines, when I was looking at the Juki 2010.
Can't afford the more expensive machines.
Both are around 899.00, with quite servo motors, the Juki has a larger bed, but the Reliable has a small table.
Thanks

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-10-2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: remove copyright image
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 PM

I've heard of the Juki, don't know anything about the other one. Good luck you deserve a new machine!!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:53 PM

My friend loves her Juki and she is a master sewer. Good choices whichever you choose. Enjou
Old 02-09-2014, 06:54 PM

I have been a "lurker" on this site for a while and haven't posted often, if at all before. But, based on recommendations from previous posts on this site, I recently purchased the Juki TL-2010Q, and I couldn't be happier. I have an old Pfaff 1475 that I struggled to FMQ with. I've had the 2010 for about three weeks now, and I FMQ'd a lap quilt with no problems. With the Pfaff, I had to be aware of the direction I was moving the quilt and go extremely slow if I was trying to go backwards, and I still had to fix skipped stitches and other problems. I moved the quilt every which way with the Juki without an issue.

I am now piecing a quilt, and I'm loving the knee lift, which was one of the deciding features for me. I didn't think I cared about the automatic thread cutter, but it has become my favorite feature. I still have my Pfaff to use when I want special stitches or zig-zag, but the Juki is my primary quilting machine.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 PM

The Juki is a complete set up. The reliable will require an additional table and either a single phase clutch or servo motor. It is more of an industrial where as the Juki is semi-industrial, it has a finished bottom cover,an extension table, and ready to go. Also - I have sewn on a Reliable machine. The casting is rough, the finish is rough and it will NOT hold its value like the Juki will. Go with the Juki.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
The Juki is a complete set up. The reliable will require an additional table and either a single phase clutch or servo motor. It is more of an industrial where as the Juki is semi-industrial, it has a finished bottom cover,an extension table, and ready to go. Also - I have sewn on a Reliable machine. The casting is rough, the finish is rough and it will NOT hold its value like the Juki will. Go with the Juki.
Thanks for the info, I have been leaning towards the Juki for about a month now. I just didn't know anything about the Reliable.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:52 PM

Check out the Brother PE1500. Lots of us on this board have one a love it. Most of us paid $599.00 no tax and free shipping. Check out Allbrands. That's where I got mine.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 PM

Love love love my Juki. It's 10 years old (same version you are looking at, just older) and its wonderful. I keep it oiled and cleaned and it keeps going. Quiet. Fast. Nice stitches.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
Check out the Brother PE1500. Lots of us on this board have one a love it. Most of us paid $599.00 no tax and free shipping. Check out Allbrands. That's where I got mine.
I got mine from Amazon for the same price. Love it!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

Jukie and Brother are really good machines. Good luck and enjoy your new machine!