Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: If you drive by a Quilt Shop Do You Always Stop?

I just hate it but can't resist - I'll be on my way somewhere else and will drive by a fabric store and my car just automatically pulls in. Of course I have to go in just to see what they have, and invariably that makes me late to what I intended to do.

my DH does most of the driving, so unless i beg, and forget stopping at yard sales, he pretends he doesn't see them or he says to me "Don't Look" as we drive by!

Blog Entries
    YES

If we are driving on a trip, I make sure we stop! If it is a local shop I don't always, because I know I'll spend tons and sit and chat for hours. My husband is really good about it he will find the shops for me.

Blog Entries
    Not as often as I'd like....

always, love to see different fabrics and ideas, even f I don't buy anything :-)

If it is opened I will stop!

Yes, I'll stop/
    I'll even plan a trip around shops in the summer.
    Just for the ride.

Why of course!!! Have been turned away a couple of times because the shops were getting ready to close...so disappointing. Can't wait to use the Tom Tom my youngest and wife got me for Christmas so I can find more of them lol. I couldn't figure out what the gift was when they gave me this hint..."you will love it, but not so sure Dad will like you having it" followed by chuckles.

Blog Entries
    Not yet, but I hope to later in life ;) Right now, I don't stop unless I have to with the three little ones with me ;)

Luckily mine are kind of out of the way, so I dont pass them much!

Luckily mine are kind of out of the way, so I dont pass them much!

Donna - you have a wonderful husband :)

Quote Originally Posted by 3incollege
    If we are driving on a trip, I make sure we stop! If it is a local shop I don't always, because I know I'll spend tons and sit and chat for hours. My husband is really good about it he will find the shops for me.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    We must have the same model car. Mine just does it, no matter how much I resist, wink, wink :D:D

Locally we don't, but if we are traveling Jorge is the first one who stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura22
    Not yet, but I hope to later in life ;) Right now, I don't stop unless I have to with the three little ones with me ;)
    Me too! I only have two little ones, and usually only the youngest is with me, but he's a baby, so my fabric shopping trips are planned as best I can with him, so that he is as happy as possible and I get more shopping time with a happy boy!

If I'm driving YES! If I'm with DH it ain't gonna happen....Funny story. Was at MIL in another state. We r sitting at breakfast table, she ask, Is there any where u would like to go today? I said, Yes, there r 3 Quilt shops ( within 10 mile of house) could we go there today?,MIL said, No, we r not going in that direction. Funny thing is, we had no other plans...lol and she quilts! She does not care for me. Told DH, next time we go to Nebraska, I go alone in truck to Quilt Stores, he can sit at kitchen table with DM.

I think I have worn out my brakes stopping so frequently.

I just ordered online from a shop 35 miles away because I knew I would spend my whole retirement check if I went. Everyone I know who has been there says it is fabulous and the video on their web site certainly makes me think so. I'll have to save up to go there in person.

Blog Entries
    If at all possible yes I will stop :D:D:D

not always

Several ladies from my Project Linus group and I like to make about 3 trips a year to Marshall Dry Goods in Batesville, Arkansas. We have a route that we travel and make stops at Mountain Home on the way back to Branson. I know we pass by several shops but we just always seem to want to get to Marshall's first. This last trip in November (black Friday), there was little shop outside Flippin, AR, that had a sign Curiosity Shop posted on the front. None of us had ever been inside the shop before. I stopped the car in the middle of the road, backed up a little bit and turned in. We went inside and what a treasure trove of items!!! She had books, Creative Grid rulers, all kinds of fabric for $4.95, great patterns, fat quarters galore and a very clean bathroom. All these years we had driven by this small but quaint shop and some of the best treasures and bargains were right there just waiting for us to gleen. It is on our list of 'must stop' at shops.

I do -- DH doesn't!!!!!!! :shock:

Blog Entries
    That's the reason DH and I take separate cars on a road trip. Really. I stop at anything that interest me, he aims for the destination. He gets there faster then I do but I ask him what have you accomplished by doing that? I had a great fun trip getting there. He will fly and I'll drive when we visit the inlaws. It's a long trip and I have all the quilt shops and fabric warehouses lined up for me to stop at. Just because he doesn't like to stop and enjoy doesn't mean I can't and I don't have to do what he wants all the time.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    my hubby is awesome about that... Ill be asleep on our road trips ( i usually nap lol.. ) and if he sees a quilt shop, he'll wakes me when he pulls in their parking lot!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast