Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you have a room for quilting..... >

If you have a room for quilting.....

If you have a room for quilting.....

Old 06-06-2010, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
I would have a very pale green...it is restful and very pretty.
I agree. Light green is the color of my room now. It faces the north east and even on a hot day, it still seems cool. Good luck.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl
If you have a designated room for quilting what color are your walls? I'm in the process of re=doing my room mostly because of the flooring. I have carpet in there now and want to go to hardwood or laminate. And I thought that before we do the floor, I will repaint. What color do you love for your room?
Sandy
I painted mine a slightly off shade of white - sort of between white and ecru. The quilts on the wall really stand out. I used semi-gloss and it always seems to shine new <G>
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 AM

I have 2 sewing rooms. One for sewing the other is more my craft room/storage.

My sewing room is Pepto Bismol Pink, was suppose to be Mauve (which it kinda is) But it works for a sewing room.

My Craft/Storage/Computer room is plaster, we stripped the walpaper and never painted it. Some day I'll clean it out.

I love both room, but wish they were ONE. Someday I'll post pictures.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 AM

My walls are painted cream with wallpaper on lower half but there isn't very much wall space.

One wall is all window, another is doorway and cupboards with design wall hanging in front. What walls are left are covered by desk and cutting/painting table and my paintings.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80141.jpe  
Old 06-06-2010, 05:29 AM

My sewing room is in the basement, so I opted for white walls with blue carpeting. No windows, boo!!! But the white walls make up for it and the lighting is important. Carpeting, well, if it were not in the basement, I would have put in hardwood flooring. The berber carpeting is not so bad, although I am on my 3rd vacuum cleaner for the basement!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:46 AM

my sewing room is a small corner of the living room that I have taken over because I was tired of pulling the sewing machine in and out of the box and closet every time I wanted to sew. It is painted a lovey Tuscan creamy yellow with this textured venetian plaster. Well all the walls except for the walls around the fire place they are paneling and have to be replaced before we can finish the venetian plaster look. It is all really cool and warm. just need to get a fan in here to help circulate the air because of the vaulted ceiling.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:57 AM

I painted the top pale yellow and the bottom deep red. There was already a chair rail. Then I added some sunflowers on top of the armoire. I have a laminated floor and love it. My room is only 9' x 9' and faces north with one window. I enjoy sewing here and find the colors enjoyable. :-P
Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 AM

HI, Just got my sewing room painted. It is a soft yellow and I am very happy with it. I also used to have carpeting in my sewing room which was once a bedroom for the grand kids, whom are ll grown up now. But any way my DH put in laminate floor for me and you can really scoot around fast with your chair thats for sure, I had to put a plastic rug protector under my chair at the machine because when I pushed on the pedal to sew my chair would slide back.
Good luck with you color choice.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 AM

My sewing room is in the basement and I don't have a large window so I wanted my room painted yellow. It's not bright in fact it looks like the same color as "thequilteddove's" yellow room. It's cheery and really makes me want to spend time there. Where I have my longarm used to be the room where the pool table was so it's painted a light grey which is still ok because it is a bright room when my lights are all turned on and I get cheery color from the quilts I have hanging all around.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 AM

My DD's old bedroom has become my sewing room. Don't laugh..LOL.. BUT 2 walls are white & 2 walls are black. The slant side ceiling on the 1 side has black & white checkered contact paper. NEVER look up!!! She also but a trim of white & black diamonds around the 3 other side walls. I made sheer black curtains for her. It has grown on me, but as I said... 'I never look up' as the checkered side makes you a bit woozy.
With 11 surgeries in the last 10 years, I have yet to repaint it..but will get there. Thinking about a springy pale green..transquility for me all the way. I have the 'old' style of hardwood floors, so thinking maybe a little darker green for that. Maybe IF I get creative, I might put a design in the middle of the floor instead of a small area rug.
Just waiting for doc's approval to more on now.