Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: If you have a room for quilting.....

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    yellow
    Attached Images Attached Images

MotherDuck---your room is just oozing charm and downhome cozy. I'd love to meander thru and look at all your special collections. The brick is something I don't see much especially that color. Really pretty.

I've always wanted to visit Australia. Welcome to the board! :D

Mine are Navaho white (which is like a soft candlelight color). I stenciled a sewing theme (pincushions and thread spools) around the room a few feet from the floor. I love it.

The colour I painted in my sewing room is Benjamin Moore's Caramel Apple with white trim and a light colour laminate floor. But we are moving in a little over a month and the new room is a light beige with chocolate carpets.... I'm leaving the walls that colour because I want to make one wall a design wall but that will make the colour easy to match and for now the carpet is staying.

thanks quiltlvr - I'm really enjoying going through a lot of the posts - some fantastic ideas! will post a few more of my collections at some later time ... got to get this quilt made!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyl
    If you have a designated room for quilting what color are your walls? I'm in the process of re=doing my room mostly because of the flooring. I have carpet in there now and want to go to hardwood or laminate. And I thought that before we do the floor, I will repaint. What color do you love for your room?
    Sandy
    I just redid my daughter's old BR for my new sewing room & painted it a very soft buttery yellow ... had to prime it well since it was a very deep PURPLE before !
    I used Valspar - Creme Brulee (Lowe's) - trim is a creamy white. I love it !! :)

My sewing room is a pale, pretty green, with accents ranging from pastels to brighter medium tones. I love it!!

my room is constant coral, and Colonial Brick, with all the accesories in red. Any red goes well in there. The counter tops are a bluish granite. Love that room Its the only room in the house that isn't some shade of WHITE

my sewing room is upstairs above the dining room. we have an old (circa 1738) cape, so the walls are only 4' tall then have the angled roof, complete with the antique beams & collar ties. i painted the walls a soft butter yellow, but have so many shelves etc in front of them, you can't see the paint.

the floors are the original wide pine boards, which sounds cooler than it is, they are pretty beat up. sometimes, if you drop a pin or needle, when you sweep the floor, you find it on the dining room table (usually in the winter when the wood shrinks)

Quote Originally Posted by MotherDuck
    Here's my little piece of peace ... still sorting and tidying ... should be sewing! Luv all my little knick knacks - some very special ones on the shelf ... what colour are the walls (bit hard to see from all the stuff on them :) but it is a cream shade with brick feature walls - needed to be light to contrast with brick ... timber laminate floors which are fantastic! easy to pick up threads from - just got a mat at my cutting table - made with strips gathered by my ruffler and sewn to ticking background - very soft underfoot and fully washable!
    love, love the door sign!!

Mine is wallpaper-pale yellow background with peach & pink flowers that have blue leaves. Pretty feminine. I have blue carpet & valance.

Blog Entries
    My sewing room is painted a soft wisteria purple...of course you can't see much of it with the design wall, shelving, etc....

I have a very soft buttercream (pale yellow) and I LOVE it. Very soothing to the eye.

love, love the door sign!![/quote]

:) me too! Only closed when the airconditioner is on tho' - don't want to discourage all visitors - especially DH with my regular cuppa :)

Sandy, I have 3 walls that are apple green and one is yellow. I wanted color that would be stimulating.

White walls with a blue border around the center with quilt pics taken from magazines glued on. Red accents. Hard wood floor. Love it! It faces south so I get lots of sunshine. Bird feeders outside so I can watche the birds as I sew.

QUILTEM we are neighbors in the west Im from powell wy rosefrench

Banned
    My Studio was all paneling where the previous owner had his wood shop. I ran my graphics business out of there for a bit until it grew so fast I couldn't keep up with it so I sold the business and then I decided to convert it to a quilting studio.

So I had some paint left over from the restoration of our home (my wife didn't like the color and I had 3 gallons of it) and I used it for the studio. At first it was kinda overwhelming but I really like it!!!

Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really appreciate all of your responses and pictures. It would seem that soft yellow is a very popular color tho I haven't kept an accurate count of all your answers. Thanks so much for all of these great ideas.
    Sandy

wow Billie - luv the colour! and how neat and tidy it is! Do you only use treadles?

Billy, this is probably a dumb question, but at my age, I'm allowed those.........how did you make the opening for your machine in your table??

Mine has sage green walls. Very soothing. I've found some funky fabric that matches them in my stash and am going to make a simple valance for the one window I have. I get afternoon sun so it's a cool room in the morning and a nice bright one in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by rosefrench
    QUILTEM we are neighbors in the west Im from powell wy rosefrench
    Hi, have you been quilting long? How's your weather. Beautiful here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    My Studio was all paneling where the previous owner had his wood shop. I ran my graphics business out of there for a bit until it grew so fast I couldn't keep up with it so I sold the business and then I decided to convert it to a quilting studio.

So I had some paint left over from the restoration of our home (my wife didn't like the color and I had 3 gallons of it) and I used it for the studio. At first it was kinda overwhelming but I really like it!!!

Billy
    Georgeous!!!! Where's your clutter?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherDuck
    wow Billie - luv the colour! and how neat and tidy it is! Do you only use treadles?
    Yep I treadles are the machine of choice with me!!

I do own two emachines a 1963 Kenmore, and a Singer 500A but they are only used for putting on a button and to look at.

Other than that I have an array of machines I can plop into the community treadle and make a quilt with.

Billy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast