Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If you shopped at Joanns this weekend, how did you do?

well i went today bought 4 and a half yards of snugle flannel, almost 2 yards of the Cars licenced flannel and 2 yards of batman comic strip prints that was 100% cotton. i spent 19.00 save just under 40.00. I think im going to call my Grandma in the morning and see if she wants to go with me again!

I get to go in the morning, I'm hoping by quilting buddy and wonderful friend, also a fellow board member can go with me :) way more fun with a friend.

I spent $55 and saved $61. So can I go spend my savings tomorrow and do it all again? LOL

I am going to the Cleveland Quilt Show today (yay, 1st time!) and hope to get some batting tomorrow at Joanns!

Blog Entries
    I went to Joann's tonight, and they had the 'pinking blade' for my rotary cutter for $2.79, so I bought two! Whoo Hoo! I have been looking for them, and when I finally find them, they are clearanced! Whoopeee!

Blog Entries
    Ditto ! and I am going again today to a different Joann's- and it isn't all fabric either - grabbing some extra pix frames - I'm there when they open. I was speaking with one of the ladies at the cutting counter. She said the new owners take over next week (probably 4/1/11) and they are already cutting hours of the people at the cutting counters - so - I gues the cutomer service won't be there. I'll get more info from my favorite Jonan's this AM and let you all know. I am leaving all my friend coupons at the counter - so they can use them for others who don't have their own. You can also take a 40% coupon from the next sale and use that and the 25% is off the TOTAL !

I live about 20 miles from small Joanns store and went there they did not have the fabric on sale and would not honor it. I could have gone 28 miles the other way to larger Joanns. I emailed Joanns and told them they need to specify in there ad that it is only good at the larger stores. Need less to say I will not go to that Joanns again.

I am going today! Can't wait.

Sounds like a fun shopping experience. Wish we had a Joann's closer - maybe I could have some fun too. LOL. :thumbup:

csh

I spent 18 saved 24

Our Joann's is building a new store. They really do not have a lot in the store right now. It is to open in June I believe. Kinda of upsetting when you get the flyer and it is not in the store.

Blog Entries
    I had both a 40% of any item NOT on sale or a reduced price. Got 40% off a crib size batting. The brocade I wanted to get the big cut on...... they took $4.00 off the $12.99 a yard... Not as much as I would have gotten with 40% off... DANG it. Anyway, I spent $30 on what would have been $77.00 as I also had the 25% off total sale. I think it was good a deal, not as good as I had hoped though.

I was so pysched to go. But, there was so little for sale I came home with a spool of thread and a few fat quarters. The quarters were 30% off. The batting that is usually 40% off wasn't on sale, nor anything else that I could have used. Guess I'm spoiled by their usual sales. DISAPPOINTED.

I am going today!!

Blog Entries
    I'm going today to see what kind of trouble I get into, and visit a couple of LQS that are not open on Sunday. I love the new Retro Fabrics that keep coming out.

I just needed a few items -- thread, bias tape, marking pen -- came to $27 after a $7 discount -- I gave a coupon to the lady in line in front of me who was buying notions for a sewing basket -- she saved $32 -- spent $100 -- Joann's really must want business because of the all the coupons, several every week

Never got the coupon. BOO-HOO

Blog Entries
    I did see that they have a great deal on a bolt of warm and natural. I don't need any right now or I would take advantage of that.

Blog Entries
    I wound up saving - after all the price reductions and discount coupons more than I spent - Spent $117 on $300 worth of fabric and photo frames ! I had 40% off coupns X 2, bought sale items at 40-50% off, remnants and am a very happy camper - on sale is the only way I shop !

I have fabric shopping envy right now. We don't have a Joanns for miles around! In fact, where I live, the only place to buy fabric is at Walmart! Boo-hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Scakes
    Sounds like a fun shopping experience. Wish we had a Joann's closer - maybe I could have some fun too. LOL. :thumbup:
    I feel your pain. :?

I'm 3/4 of the way done with an afghan for a baby gift and would you believe need one more skein to finish ! They were supposed to have it accourding tocomputer but .....no , they don't ! Yikes ! Will have to call around other Joann's and hope they have it !!!!

I went for a very brief time yesterday to get some Kona solid fabric. It was on a 40% sale and then used my 25% discount at the register. Probably the best buy on the Kona I will be seeing for they have raised the price. Jo Anns is a good place to buy certain things when they have their 50% off sales. The only fabric I seen for 50% off was the Debbie Mum and I haven't had good luck with what I tried out. I do think we have to look for the best buys we can to keep our hobby half way affordable.

I went Friday spent 73.00,and saved 97.35

OK Ladies, I think I have won the best buy award at Joann's. It may not count to some of you because I didn't purchase any fabric. What I got was a package of 45mm Olfa blades from the clearance section that was marked 75% off with 3 missing. When I checked my receipt it showed the reg. price 34.99, sale 20.99, 75% discount -15.74, for a final price of 5.25. And guess what, all 5 blades are there. I also got a slim tip for my mini iron marked down to .97. I had the clerk scan both my sale ad and coupons I received in the mail just to keep getting them, not thinking I would get any additional discount, but it took off .24. Grand total of 5.98 with a savings of 29.98.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast