Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Illusion quilt

Blog Entries

Illusion quilt

I posted a picture of this on the original thread I had posted asking how to do it (many thanks to all who helped especially Barb in Louisiana) but am so excited about completing this, my fourth quilt top, that I had to post it. Also wondering if there are any quilting options besides stitch in the ditch for a quilt like this?

Name:  6F7618C0-A9A9-40E8-BA87-CBA5326D436C.jpeg
Views: 2048
Size:  140.1 KB
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

I'd probably "line by line" quilt each block...Straight stitch using my walking foot in each L and then just put a lined sq in the orange block

Very pretty! I might do a straight line 'ray' design, starting at the upper red corner and radiating down diagonally to the black corner, then one on either side of it, starting from the same point and ending half way up the sides. You could use the serpentine stitch on your sewing machine to do something fancier than straight line. It works with a walking foot. I might do straight line diamonds in the sashing. Again fairly simple but it would give some texture.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Power Poster
    Nicely done and I would SITD between the blocks to stabilize and then quilt inside the blocks with grey thread anything I wanted in each L shape. Maybe ribbon candy or matchsticks in each L.

Very pretty and I just saw your quilt on the "Main" forum. I have no idea about quilting but I am sure you will get some good advice and suggestions from members here.

What a neat quilt! I think some bubbles in the light areas inside the blocks would add some interest to the SID, and maybe wavier lines in the sashings.
    Lori

Wow...looks fantastic... Congratulations!!!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Looks great.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I'm impressed. Only your 4th quilt. You go girl!

Blog Entries
    This is super pretty. You are a born quilt maker. Whatever you do will only enhance it more.
    In my dream world, fabric is free and sewing makes you thin.

Sharon

You did a great job....I love the colors you chose! No advice about quilting, but I'm sure anything you do will be great. (I, myself, do a mean 'meander' stitch -- my mind went blank, sorry)
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    On my daughter's illusion quilt, I did a scroll design down the sashing and a small leaf in the 'shadow'. I like the idea of a curvy line on such a linear top.

Very pretty top!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Gorgeous!

i can’t believe it’s only number 4 in your quilting adventure. Have fun with the quilting and play.

Blog Entries
    This is a very striking quilt. What a fantastic job for just your 4th quilt! I can't give you any advice about the quilting, but you have been given some good suggestions here. Good luck with your choice.

Leslie

Amazing, 4th quilt you say???? Amazing!!!

How about concentric quarter-circles radiating outward from each block corner? Love your quilt!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Very nicely done! The Illusion is very prominent which was the goal. I would imagine you could get lots of quilting ideas on Pinterest. I think you could do some interesting geometric shapes.

I love the dimensional quilts; your's is great.