Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm back......... I think

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
    Mine usually last a couple of days. You are not alone Bev!
    Whew! Gosh, I thought it was me... I got hooked playing games on the internet and now wanting to get back into sewing...
    It has happened to me, and I know it has happened to my sis. Glad you are back.

That because you have been busy "farming" (lol - smile).

I'm in a slump right now. Began before the holidays. I did sew a few seams yesterday. A few seams does not a quilt make!!!!!

Blog Entries
    In the past 4 years my worst time was 2009 spring, when my RA really kicked up, and all I could do was lay on the couch. I was out of the sewing room for about 4 months....no energy. So, yes, I have had that, but not for lack of wanting to. Once in a while I get busy and don't go in for a few days or a whole weekend, but not often.

Welcome back, Bev. I've missed seeing pictures of your "ladies" and other embroidery. I'm with everyone else-get in a funk and nothing interests me. I have really bad seasonal depression (it's lifting now YAY!!) so hope to quit playing Yahtzee and Solitare and start sewing some more. C'mon, Bev, we can do this!!

Glad your back Bev.
    Sometimes I just have to have down time. Even though there are a dozen projects I want to do.

I am in the same place right now. I haven't touched any sewing since last November. Just can't get going. but it is out and I keep looking at it. So hopefully soon.
    Christine

Hello Bev. I have lurked on here for so long that I feel like I know some of you. I have missed seeing your posts Bev. And yes, I also get in these funks. Just coming out of one as a matter of fact. A 4 month funk. This Msg Board has helped me. The wonderful pics are so inspiring. Do you nice folks really understand how many people yall probably help that you never even know about? Goodness I've lurked for over a year! So Thank You All for being the group you are. And Bev that includes you also. You will come out of this mood and will be stitching away soon. Betcha.

I go through phases also. One phase is info gathering, then planning, then doing. I used to have a buying phase but have put myself on a spending deit and work from my stash and ufo only.

I've been in the same sort of "funks" where sewing is the last thing on my mind. I don't even enter my sewing room, and DH asks why we set one up if I'm not going to use it. Then...time passes...and the bug bites again. It will bite you also. And please keep joining us even if you're not sewing. You've been missed.

glad your back on track. I get that way sometimes, no rhyme or reason.

Glad you are back Bev...enjoy the new arrangement. Sometimes a little organization or a change in the room seems to give us a burst of Sewing energy, doesnt it!

Margie

Blog Entries
    Glad to have you back Bev.i have truly miss you Sweetie i always look for u here and oh yes i for sure no what your talking about i've been there done that i was to just thinking about you the other day wondering what happen to you so i;m glad your back with us sewing or not we all get in those moods every now and then (:)

I think we all go through those slumps in sewing. I'm just coming out of one right now. I think Spring Fever has a lot to do with it.
    Hope you get your groove back too. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Yes, I think we all have been thru that (sometimes get burned out on certain types of crafts)

I'm glad you are back! Happy Quilting!

We all have that occasionally. But it usually passes. I'm glad you are back.

Blog Entries
    welcome back

Blog Entries
    Bevanger, we all go through it I guess. I noticed on your avatar, that you're listed as Port Angeles, Wa. My daughter just came back this week from Port Angeles. She was there for a week's vacation visiting her first cousin. She is back home in Tex. now. She emailed us some pics. I know she has a lot more, so when we get over to see her in a week or so I will hear more about the place and view more pics. My husband's nephew bought a house there a coupe of years ago. Gerbie

I definitely have to be in the mood to sew.

Welcome back, you where missed. I also go in spells where I just got to get away from it for awhile, so your not by your self.
    Glad your back :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Bevanger, we all go through it I guess. I noticed on your avatar, that you're listed as Port Angeles, Wa. My daughter just came back this week from Port Angeles. She was there for a week's vacation visiting her first cousin. She is back home in Tex. now. She emailed us some pics. I know she has a lot more, so when we get over to see her in a week or so I will hear more about the place and view more pics. My husband's nephew bought a house there a coupe of years ago. Gerbie
    So way Cool. I love it here surrounded by mountains & Water. Been here since 1976 when my dad retired from the Navy. So glad to talk to you.

:-D :-D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Welcome back, you where missed. I also go in spells where I just got to get away from it for awhile, so your not by your self.
    Glad your back :D
    Thanks sweetie. Although I'm not back into sewing 100%, I still come on here to see everyones pretties AND get inspired.

Blog Entries
    how are you doing

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I've been there. I even sold off most of my fabric because I didn't think I would quilt again. But I got back into it and now I have fun shopping for fabrics! I think interest in hobbies can wax and wane, but if you truly like doing it, you will get back to it again. Sometimes life interferes for a while.

Well, I"m taking a sewing break too. Not much enthusiam left after doing the things that HAVE to get done. Taking a break will be healthy for me. See ya all in the fall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast