Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ironing board cover >

Ironing board cover

Ironing board cover

Old 06-03-2020, 01:53 PM

Aah...I suspected that that's what you have. I love mine because the legs have that curve to them so you can sit to use it without banging your knees. I set it up next to my sewing table and put one of my "big boards" on it, and I can press as I sew. I use it more for a work surface than just an ironing board.

Yep, that's the cover I bought too. Remember I said it didn't fit well? My advice...buy the pad, use it for a pattern and make a cover.

The link that Rhonda K posted also has the covers for Mary Proctor boards.

Last edited by SherylM; 06-03-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

I sometimes buy a new one. Sometimes, though, I just lay the old one right side down on some new fabric and sew around it
Old 06-04-2020, 12:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the great links! I'm going to have to inspect Mom's ironing board next time I visit to see if it is in fact a Mary Procter. I've never actually seen it with the wings extended, as she hasn't had a cover that fit that way in my lifetime. After looking at some pictures, it seems likely - it has the curved legs and little wheels that the Mary Procter boards had.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:37 AM

Try Amazon. I have the double flip.
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-C...1371280&sr=8-1

But for that price I made my own. Not that hard.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
RedGarnet-Thank you for the link on the ironing board cover tutorial. I have been looking for a new cover and not able to find a decent well made with good fabric one. I think I will be off to make an ironing board cover soon. I think I will try and get some heavier fabric other than just cotton. Maybe a light canvas would work.
Your so welcome Jordan. I hope you find what you want for the fabric to make yours.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:33 AM

Default Ironing board cover

Originally Posted by MeadowMist View Post
Does anyone know of where I could buy a large "old-fashioned" ironing board cover? My ironing board is at least 30 years old and is larger than than the kind made today, therefore I can't used the covers made today (those with the elastic around the edges). I'm looking for the kind that that the string around the edges to pull to size. Neither Target or Walmart has these. Maybe somewhere online?
I took my old one off and used it as a pattern. I used material with Lines on it so I could make sure I kept everything straight. Works great.