Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Isacord Thread - Does it sew up shiny?

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar

Isacord Thread - Does it sew up shiny?

I just received four of the 5,000 yard spools of Isacord thread as a Christmas gift (thank you family!!! yay!!!) and I am curious...does it sew up shiny? It looked shiny in the pictures online and it's a little shinier than my other thread on the spool. I have used the Coats & Clark embroidery thread from Jo Anns and it is REALLY shiny...has anyone used this thread and can you give me some insight? Thank you!
    Valerie Smith - pumpkinpatchquilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Blog Entries
    Yes, isacord is a poly thread that is often used for machine embroidery. As with most poly threads it is shinier than cotton. I just looked at a spool of isacord and c & c and it seems a bit less glossy, but embroidery threads are designed to be seen, so they reflect the light.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Hi I use Isacord all the time, but smaller reels and I find that it sews out beautifully...it has a slight sheen but is not over shiny...the only comment I would make is that it splits when trying to thread the needle, once threaded there is never a problem so I tend to use a metallic needle to make my life easier as it has a bigger eye and has made no differene to the finished designed...I'm sure you will become a fan...I have about 100 reels and there are so many beautiful colours I don't have !!!!

I bought some Isacord and my Bernina does not like it at all. I loved the colors and the weight of it but I think my machine is persnickity and I went back to Aurifil.

Quote Originally Posted by tutt View Post
    I bought some Isacord and my Bernina does not like it at all. I loved the colors and the weight of it but I think my machine is persnickity and I went back to Aurifil.
    Weird, Isacord is one of the threads Bernina recommends with their machines. Bernina's website even has a coupon deal on it right now.

I personally like Isacord- and yes, it does sew up shiny.

My Bernina loves Isacord. I use it all the time for embroidery. They say it is very good for quilting too.

Blog Entries
    Bernina loved Isacord so much they bought half of the company.
    Are you using the top quality needles and changing as suggested by your dealer/ manual?
    I have never had a complaint about Isacord. Hope you can find the answer.

Blog Entries
    I use Isacord almost exclusively on both my Baby Lock and Janome. I love it, especially the little bit of shine on my quilting. I learned about it from watching Leah Day's videos.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

I used Isacord all the time on my Bernina (I have 2 machines) .... Maybe ur machines needs a tune-up...