Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I've come a long way, baby!

well said.no matter what our skill level is there is always more to learn-and this is a great place to share and learn.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Oh so true...absolutely the place for me to come each morning. I have learned much though I don't post much. It's a feeling of belonging that sings and hums along with each phase of quilting. What a delightful place to be. Thank you.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I agree with all that has been said and it's what I read while I drink my morning coffee and I just ask my DH what was in the newspaper that morning!!! It's all about priorities!!

Blog Entries
    Connie,

I want to say DITTO! I started quilting two years ago - the month I retired. Why on earth did I wait so long to begin. Probably because I know how obessive/compulsive I am! I've jumped in with both feet and seem to be wading in fabric! I love, love, love this new passion. It has been a lot of trial and error these first two years - being a sponge absorbing everything I can learn and as fast as I can go. One constant though has been my morning cup of coffee and this Board. Even though I rarely post - I want each of you that do - that I thoroughly enjoy your company, talent and willingness to share and teach. You're awesome and addicting. Thank you

Couldn't agree more When I first started quilting a few years ago my husband suggested I find a group of ladies to quilt with, I'm happy I found you here on the QB. You are with me everyday.
    Learning something new everyday from all of you.

I can only repeat what everyone else has said!!!! Happy New Year to all of my "teachers".

Connie, Thanks for starting this thread. I, too, enjoy this quilting board. I read it almost every day because there is always something I can learn from all of you. Even though we don't see one another in person there is still a kindred spirit in our enthusiasm and passion for quilting. I learned to sew when I was 10 and participating in 4H. I learned some of the basics of quilting in the late '80's but didn't completely embrace it until I retired a few years ago and had more time to devote to this addictive and challenging hobby. Even though I labeled it as a hobby it's truly much more than that. I hope every one of you have a wonderful 2013. Take care.
    Carol

Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    I can only repeat what everyone else has said!!!! Happy New Year to all of my "teachers".
    I have been reading on board for about 6 months. I have also learnt more reading here than taking any classes. Thanks to everyone I would sure miss my daily fix of reading the QB.

Happy New year Connie, quilting has no aged limit, enjoy
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

This is my morning coffee read as well. And it is portable so i can still "meet" my friends when i'm traveling for work.

I spend far to much time reading the post, but have learned so much. Thanks ladies and gentleman and have a Happy New Year.

I totally agree with all that you have said!!!!!

To quote Phil on Duck Dynasty "I'm Happy Happy Happy" with the QB. Every evening after I call it a day, I put on pj's, fix me an adult beverage, grab my laptop, and read the QB. Of course I am on thru out the day when I have time....lol
    Linda

You have come a long way! Congratulations to you! Well done and well explained! Happy New Year to you!

I agree completely, Connie. I have learned so much and been inspired by all the quilts shared by QB members.

I agree this is a great place to belong to. I have learnt soooo much and everyone is so encouraging.

Count me in the 'quilting board family' as well. I have learned more here than anyone could ever imagine. My 'stash' is 75% quilt board purchased. The selection and quality is my favorite LQS in the whole wide world.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

I am also in total agreement. Don't comment enough I'm sure, but not a day goes by that I don't look at every section, picture comment etc. It is truly wonderful. Have learned so much and look forward to learning more. This board rocks.
    Love to quilt

Gloria C

How true!! I visit the board several times a day!! It is like checking on good friends~! THe board members make being on disability bearable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2