Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jackqueline de Jonge Pattern >

Jackqueline de Jonge Pattern

Jackqueline de Jonge Pattern

Old 10-05-2015, 05:33 AM

Sneed - STUNNING quilts. I've done paper piecing but not that intricate. Am enticed to try it though.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:20 AM

I have completed this quilt and have taught others of hers. The key to Jacqueline's patterns are fabric organization, more so than any other paper piecing designers. You will most definitely need to make a color card using swatches of your fabric with the number of that fabric. You will refer to this many times. Contrary to what others have said, you will need to read ahead in the booklet and you will want to have all of your fabric cut and organized before you start. If you take the time to do this, her patterns are no more difficult than any other paper piecing project. The only other place that I would tell you to be careful is to be very accurate in trimming down part E. Section A-F once completed will be "set into" pieces G-L. If you would like you may PM me and I can try to answer any other questions. Will try to post a picture of my quilt top.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:01 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532558[/ATTACH]Here is a picture of my Brilliant Beauties of Joy quilt top.
Attached Thumbnails beautiful-beauties.jpg  
Old 10-05-2015, 07:09 AM

Wow, wonderful quilts. I'm working on a Judy Neimeyer quilt so this gives me hope. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:59 AM

Sneed, beautiful quilts.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:08 AM

tessasmom, absolutely stunning. Will take you up on asking questions from you from time to time. I'm basically an organized person and have made up a set of A-Z straight pins to keep my fabrics in order. Will be sure to cut all my pieces ahead of time and put numbers/alphabet pins to each pile to keep them straight. This quilt will be for a friend of mine down in Florida who likes modern more so than traditional. Think this pattern will fit the bill?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
tessasmom, absolutely stunning. Will take you up on asking questions from you from time to time. I'm basically an organized person and have made up a set of A-Z straight pins to keep my fabrics in order. Will be sure to cut all my pieces ahead of time and put numbers/alphabet pins to each pile to keep them straight. This quilt will be for a friend of mine down in Florida who likes modern more so than traditional. Think this pattern will fit the bill?

Absolutely. The key to Jacqueline's quilts like I said before is keeping fabrics in order. If you will take the time to cut all the pieces then stack in order of piecing according to the numbers on the paper you will fly through the paper piecing part. I cut my pieces, stacked them in order of piecing then used a bulldog clip to hold all the pieces together with the paper piece to be used on top. That way when I had some time I could just grab a stack and sew.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:21 PM

WOW Sneed those are absolutely gorgeous quilts!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-05-2015, 01:54 PM

I am a quilter (3 years experience) with one paper piecing class as an aid, plus a guy and you know how good we are at following directions and I made my JDJ avatar & picked my own colors! I could not agree more about keeping a color chart, don't get ahead of yourself, have a corkscrew nearby ( or a shot glass) and you can do this.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:55 AM

Your work is amazing I would like to make circle of life I keep reading the directions and collecting fabrics to use I have done paper piecing but no De Jonge set in seams scare me. Never did set in seams. Have done New York beauty’s and Norah Mcmeeking quilts. Hope to get my courage up soon to start the circle of life. Again your work is beautiful.