Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome 3160 Attaching Feet

Blog Entries

Janome 3160 Attaching Feet

I don't have the most delicate hands but I never had such a difficult time changing feet on my other machines. Especially the walking foot. Does anyone have any suggestions. The screw is very small. I have a larger one but sometimes it interferes with the foot. It is very discouraging since I bought this for a class machine and waste too much time fiddling with the feet.

I have a mini stubby screwdriver similar to this one. I use it on my Janome 6600.

https://www.connectingthreads.com/fl...driver/p/82202

I know exactly how you feel. It is difficult changing to the walking foot. I struggle with it every time and I also have the short stubby screwdriver. They do sell alonger screw you can use but I have not yet purchased it. And it is the one I take to quilt group or classes

Blog Entries
    I don't use a screw driver on mine but still, it is a bit difficult to hold in place. takes a few fingers in the right place.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Perhaps a magnetic screw driver....it will hold the screw on the tip of the screw driver and it is long so your fingers will not be in the way.

I went to Menards (hardware/lumber store) and purchased a magnetic set of small screw drivers. They really helps me at times. You might try this also.

I agree with EasyPeezy about the stubby screw driver. I have used one of those but it is still difficult to change to the walking foot on my Janome 6600. I had never thought about the magnetic ones. Great idea I will have to try.

When I purchased my 3160, I knew immediately I needed a new screw. I have a lot of trouble with what came on the machine due to essential tremors. Although this is a different dealer, this is what my dealer provided me: https://www.poconosewandvac.com/prod...f=presser-feet