Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 350e ....HELP ,,,,please >

Janome 350e ....HELP ,,,,please

Janome 350e ....HELP ,,,,please

Old 03-22-2014, 06:07 AM

Default Janome 350e ....HELP ,,,,please

I have a new janome350e it works well as long as I don,t change to another thread....after changing the thread, it still sew a bit and then the needle gets stuck in the fabric and there is plenty of the upper thread in the bobbin.....I did try everything....cleaning , changing tention changing thread, ..nothing seems to help.....the dealer is three and a half hours away......I am desesparated and frustrated......I wish someone can help me.....( the wonderful people in here were always so much help in the past....I can,t thank you enough for just being here...)
Thanks in advance
Old 03-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Get out the manual and make sure you are threading it properly and that you have used all the thread guides. Check to make sure nothing is stuck in the tension disc. Make sure your thread spool is in the correct position for coming off the spool. Some threads are crosswise and some are stacked. Check to make sure the needle is fulling inserted in the holder. Check to make sure the bobbin is inserted right with the thread coming off it in the correct way.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:05 AM

Maybe it's the needle. What kind of thread are you using?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 AM
anonymous

Make sure the foot is up when threading, or the tension disc will not be open which results in a thread nest. Good luck, this is a great embroidery machine.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 AM

Thanks so much....I use the Marathon thread now but it did the same with the polyester silk thread ( which is awesome )...I did rethread it few times with the manual ....the bobbin thread is inserted correctly ( I tried diferent threads in there too ).... The only thing I didn,t try is to replace the needle.... May be to use thicker needle , the red one??? thank you so much.....
Old 03-22-2014, 08:01 AM

Yes...I do that....Thank you fir reasuring me its a great machine since right now I am not so sure about it......
Old 03-22-2014, 08:47 AM

sometimes the bobbin case on my Janome QDC is not seated quite right and it can jam up. when I look at it, it LOOKS fine but it isn't. I have to take it out and re-seat it.
Also, be sure you have the throat plate down tight because if it isn't then the bobbin case can wiggle up.

But I love my machine. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 AM

Great machine when it sews out most of the time. Always had that same problem..had to take bobbin out and turn the wheel to make sure no thread was caught in the bobbin case. Has done this since the day I purchased it. Brought it back several time to the place I purchased it and was always told it was fine..I have it at another place when I told him what it was doing he said he knew exactly what the problem was and he could fix it. so I will see. Good Luck
Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 AM

I have e the 350e also and have had the same problem. Try adding another piece of stabilizer. I have found that works sometimes. Good luck and it's a great machine!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:21 PM

I've seen those symptoms from using the wrong bobbin. And since you said you just changed thread, be sure you're using the right bobbin for your machine. And if the bobbin is plastic, are there cuts and rough spots on the edge of the bobbin? There could also be a burr on the hook, or a pin under the plastic bobbin case. Are you comfortable with removing the needle plate and bobbin case? Looks like your machine is an easy one to do that with. Just un-screw the screws and lift the bobbin case out. Clean out any lint or debris, and put it back together. Pay attention to where the little bump is, it goes on the right, front of the bobbin area, and will bump up against a little spring. I have a picture on my blog, but am not allowed to put a link to it for some reason.

Good Luck!