Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Janome 6600P price at Dealer store

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dollycaswell
    Hello My Dear abc123retired...WHO is your dealer, do you have a phone number, address, name, etc for them. I live in Alaska and we DO NOT have prices even close to that. I don't need classes and do-dads, just a cheap price!! I'd appreciate any help from anyone on this site for a less expensive 6600p or (be still my heart!!) a 7700 horizon. Don't have a lot of money, but do love to quilt!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abc123retired
    My dealer has it for $1200.00 with the table. Your dealer must be planning on giving you LOADS of "free" classes and free service for 10 years.
    Like I said in an earlier post, Amazon.com has them for $1199.

After reading these posts, I wouldn't give the guy the time of day must less another wasted visit to his store. You know what you want and have tried it, now ask some of the ladies that have purchased it for $1200-$1400 where they got it and contact those sorces. UPS delivers just about anywhere in the USA! Don't pay those redicilous prices!

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Well all I can do is tell you how I get some of my really good deals on furniture and larger items, I always pay in cash, I tell the person I have cash, I say " I will give you x amount for it" I don't give them the option of "will you take?" If it is already a good deal I won't haggle and pay for it, but most of the time with the larger retailers you can get better deals, I do it in Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot. But be prepared to walk, if they won't come down, cause they are going to test you to see if you are emotional buying.. Good luck hope you get your new machine !

I paid $1200 for mine with all the attachments and extension table. It was on sale and is a great machine. Bought it from a dealer and $2100 is out of line.

Bought my first at 1500.00. no table. Bought my second for 1000.00 with table (the standing table as well as extension). I want to buy a 3160 for traveling and I'm planning to sell a 6600P . Any takers?

I just bought a new Janome 6600 last Saturday. My local dealer will take your last machine in on trade. I had bought the 3160 from him about 14 months ago, so he gave me the full trade in value for it (the original price) I paid $1100 difference. I think I paid about $600 for the 3160, so was thrilled with the trade value he gave me. That would make it around $1700 then for the original price. It came with the extension table, all the attachments, knee lifter, cover, etc. The full deal.

I feel pretty sure I could have found it for a little less, but if I buy it somewhere else, he's not as likely to help me for free, which he does ALL the time. The excellent service they offer was worth paying a little more.

So - did you ever buy the machine or did you go elsewhere?

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    This thread is so helpful becasue I am machine shopping too and I like the Janomes. Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries
    Print out a few on line with the prices and have it match it. That is high...you can buy a 7700 for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrab64
    I want to upgrade my machine and test drove a Janome 6600P which was a lot of fun! Dealer is asking $2100 which I now know after looking at a QB posts that this is pretty high. How do you 'haggle' with a dealer? What would be a reasonable price to get down to? Can anyone suggest some good haggling lines? Man, I want a new machine bad but don't want to seem to eager!

Quote Originally Posted by sandrab64
    I want to upgrade my machine and test drove a Janome 6600P which was a lot of fun! Dealer is asking $2100 which I now know after looking at a QB posts that this is pretty high. How do you 'haggle' with a dealer? What would be a reasonable price to get down to? Can anyone suggest some good haggling lines? Man, I want a new machine bad but don't want to seem to eager!
    Wow, $2100, does it have diamonds? I bought mine in Dec 2009 and paid $1200 for machine and table (both NIB). The prior month the price was $1100 for machine and $200 for table. Like other comments, I think that's MSRP. Aside from that, I absolutely LOVE my Janome.

I actually ended up buying a Bernina 450 on closeout (BSR included) and couldn't be happier. Everyone's opinions were so helpful! THANK YOU!

Way too much for a 6600. I paid 1500. for mine in Feb. You need to find out about service and repairs also. Maybe find out if someone you know deals with this person. He may try to overcharge you for repairs and service as well. Will he stand behind the machine if something goes wrong with it.

Power Poster
    This was an interesting thread.

I had to take my Janome 6600 for service and talked to the dealer about the Horizon. I paid $1500.00 last August for my 6600. She told me the new ones that they get are selling for $2500 this year. Don't ask me why, so maybe the $2100 isn't that high since the price has gone up so much. She said the Horizon's are only $400 more than the 6600, but I have not heard alot of good things about the Horizon. Maybe some larger dealers still have inventory with the old price.
    Last edited by skowron5; 05-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    My dealer had a mothers day sale for $1400 and the 7700 for $2500

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4