Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Janome 6600P price at Dealer store

I want to upgrade my machine and test drove a Janome 6600P which was a lot of fun! Dealer is asking $2100 which I now know after looking at a QB posts that this is pretty high. How do you 'haggle' with a dealer? What would be a reasonable price to get down to? Can anyone suggest some good haggling lines? Man, I want a new machine bad but don't want to seem to eager!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for asking a great question. Will be watching this one as i am in the process of making a decisions about a machine and want to know this information too.

Blog Entries
    Take numbers with you..show you have done your home work. Take in comparison prices for diff brands with the same options on them. Usually they will do a lot more if they think you will go with a diff brand. You are right..not to eager. On the other hand I have a 6600 and love it!!

Great question.

$2100 for a Janome 6600 P? You must be kidding.
    No way, way too much money.

I paid $1200 for mine, got all the attachments and the extension bed.

If the dealer has the machine this high, he may not want to haggle. Ask him what his lowest price is. If he does not come down to the $1200 - 1800 range, go elsewhere.

I paid $1600 a little over a year ago and its dropped considerably since then. I would think $1200 a reasonable price.

Blog Entries
    This is a great thread. I want to trade "up" next year so I'll be watching the tips you get here

I found the same thing with a Kirby vacumn salesman, so I went on line and researched the machine, I found out he wanted three times the amount you could purchase. So a sewing machine should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr
    Take numbers with you..show you have done your home work. Take in comparison prices for diff brands with the same options on them. Usually they will do a lot more if they think you will go with a diff brand. You are right..not to eager. On the other hand I have a 6600 and love it!!
    Great advice :thumbup:

I would go in armed with my comparison shopping and then tell him you will pay no more than the cheapest price you have found and if he won't go for it go buy it where you found it cheapest.

I think the biggest thing with haggling is being able to walk away if you aren't gettting a fair price. But I say this as I live in a big city and ahve the luxury of being able to go somewhere else.

At $2100 I would order it off line before I would pay that price. I paid 1400 with all the attachments and side table in Feb.

Good Luck.

I would check with at least a couple of other dealers. I bought my 6600 two and a half years ago for $1750.00 including sales tax. You might also check with Brubakers.com. They're nice people to deal with.

My sister and I bought our 6600P's 4 years ago. We purchased from a dealer in Semi Valley, CA. We bought the machine and the table for $1400. Both machines were brand new in box. I think your dealer is asking SUGGESTED MANUFACTURERS RETAIL PRICE.

I have a friend purchased her machine just last year. Exact same set up I have for $1200.

I suggest getting prices from other dealers, online and over the phone, for the same machine, take those numbers into the dealer. But $2100 is way too much for this machine. You can get a much better price somewhere else.

Blog Entries
    My dealer has it for $1200.00 with the table. Your dealer must be planning on giving you LOADS of "free" classes and free service for 10 years.

In my opinion - way too high. I paid $1200 5 years ago when they first came out. For a few dollars more you could get the 7700 which is the later version with lots of upgrades. (I paid $2000 with a trade of my 6600 for the 7000)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abc123retired
    My dealer has it for $1200.00 with the table. Your dealer must be planning on giving you LOADS of "free" classes and free service for 10 years.
    You should call and order this one with the table and have them ship it to you, unless you live overseas it won't cost you that much for shipping. In todays world you are not confined by what is available in your area alone.

I find how much it is online, best deal, and tell him that is how much I am willing to pay. Bought my mini van that way from the local dealer. It seems the dealer is asking 175% of what the going price is and maybe online you do not pay taxes? Why do you feel you need to buy from this dealer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrab64
    I want to upgrade my machine and test drove a Janome 6600P which was a lot of fun! Dealer is asking $2100 which I now know after looking at a QB posts that this is pretty high. How do you 'haggle' with a dealer? What would be a reasonable price to get down to? Can anyone suggest some good haggling lines? Man, I want a new machine bad but don't want to seem to eager!
    The dealer near me quoted me a sale price of $1500.00 last week. Maybe you can order it from them and have it shipped. Should save you quite a bit. They are a Janome dealer in Temecula, Ca, can't remember their name but you can find them on the internet. If you can't find them, PM me and I'll look them up for you

I paid about $1200 for mine almost two years ago. I purchased it from a dealer at a major Quilt Show (Long Beach). The machine had been "used" for classes offered at the show which was the reason for the substantial discount. It had everything and works perfectly. Good luck getting a good price!

Banned
    The 6600 is a great machine, but I think that price is really high.

Dix
    Blog Entries
    I only paid $1600 for a new the month they came out! Love mine and would replace it in a minute with another, but that is way too high. Mine was the first one my dealer sold!

I have no idea what the realistic price would be for you in the USA.

However, be sure that you are comparing apples to apples!!!
    What are the inclusions of each of these prices quoted?

Some may be including all the feet/accessories. Some not.
    Some further service and extended warranty beyond the basic Janome offering.
    Some a table. Some not.
    Some classes/instruction, etc. etc. etc.

Knowing the price tells you NOTHING, til you know what it represents.

Also, will they take your old machine as a trade in? And at what value?

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Is that U.S. Dollars? If so, outrageous! i paid $1400 3 years ago.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Check the reviews on patternreview.com to see what others have paid. I try to find the MSRP and start about 30+ % less. Any reputable dealer will negotiate. Funny, I don't mind "haggling" over a sewing machine but any other negotiations make me crazy.

I bought one a few months ago, well I purchased a Pfaff C1100 and had to many problems with it, that they let me trade for the Janome 6600, I believe mine ended up about 1100.00, with the table too.

Blog Entries
    Holy Extortion...I got my 6600P when they first came out 7-8 yrs ago and paid 1895.00, which got me the machine, extension table, roller bag and lots of feet. The only two things that are not included on a regular basis are the table and bag, they were promos. The A-Q feet are always include, and yes you can buy different feet as well. That dealer must of got one heck of a special...on the ones made from GOLD!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast