Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome MC11000 Special Edition - Free Motion Quilting Questing >

Janome MC11000 Special Edition - Free Motion Quilting Questing

Janome MC11000 Special Edition - Free Motion Quilting Questing

Old 09-10-2011, 12:42 PM

Ladies,

I have a Janome MC11000 Spec. Edition sewing/embroidery machine. I purchased the blue bobbin casing made specifically for free motion quilting. My question to any of you with the MC11000 is, did you purchase the Janome convertible free motion feet (3 feet, one clear, one metal open toe and one metal closed toe). I am using my darning foot and was wondering if it makes a difference using the upgraded convertible free motion feet. I called my local dealer and they have the set for $50.00. I don't want to purchase it unless I get some great feedback from a Janome MC11000 owner who can tell me if this is worth the purchase. I know the blue special bobbin casing is set to give a better free motion stitch and I am wondering if the new adjustable free motion foot is worth the purchase.

Look forward to any feedback you can give me here in Houston, Texas!!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:56 PM

I have a Janome 6600P. I was all set to purchased the blue bobbin casing. The Janome rep was at the quilt show. He told me to save my money & practice. On the Janome 6500/6600 forum I am on the ladies say the blue casing is just the ticket. Later you notice some say well now they have FMQ down they don't always use it.
I am going to try the additional practice time and hold off buying new parts. I was going to get a different foot also. He said it wasn't needed. For now I will go with the darning foot included and we will see what happens. I will watch this topic to see what others say.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:23 PM

Thanks for responding. I can tell the difference between the blue bobbin casing and the red when I am free motion quilting. I know that one of the upgraded feet can be adjusted to the proper pressure of the quilt top, batting and back piece of fabric. I am wondering if this adjustment gives better free motion quilting stitches. Hope someone can enlighten me.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kathyclark9511
Thanks for responding. I can tell the difference between the blue bobbin casing and the red when I am free motion quilting. I know that one of the upgraded feet can be adjusted to the proper pressure of the quilt top, batting and back piece of fabric. I am wondering if this adjustment gives better free motion quilting stitches. Hope someone can enlighten me.
I just bought the better FMQ foot today, along with the blue dot casing. I haven't used it yet. When I was at the store/dealer today, her comment was that with the double spring, FMQing will be much smoother, that I'll enjoy it more thus, be more likely to stick with it and master the technique. I've just done a little of it with my old machine, and haven't exactly fallen in love ... so I'm hoping, as I trust her experience, knowledge and wisdom!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:54 PM

I have the 6600 as well (and not sure how it compares to the 11000). I've heard about the blue bobbin and thought "need to get one of those". In the mean time I kept practicing. I have not a single problem with FMQ that I can't attribute 100% to a different problem (thread, needle, or operator <g>). I just finished quilting - very heavy quilting, with some thread painting, and I'm very pleased (if I do say so myself) with the way it quilted.