Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Jelly Roll Question

I ordered 4 JR's from you yesterday, I didn't realize it was from you. I can't wait to get them!!

Linda58

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
    Ok, MaryAnn and Lara, I've cut a few of the JRs of the rainbow fabrics... and I did three other color groups too. This is a trial to see if there really is a market for these.

They took way longer to cut than I would have liked. Well, part of the time was spent in choosing the colors (though that certainly was fun)... if I have to cut more of these, it won't take as long the second time because I've already done the thinking part of the job :-)

Anyway, they're on my site now (I hope I don't get in trouble for saying so) and the link is always in my signature.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Nan - as you know, I'm one of the grateful horde!
    How wonderful that you actually made so much effort to choose and cut your own jelly rolls. I bet it did take a lot of time! Your fabric combinations were impossible to resist.
    I also loved that not only do you have the stacked bolt view, so we see how the fabrics look in combination, but you also have pictures of each individual fabric and the ability to order yardage! I always copy and past those pictures into my own files when I order the fabric, which makes it great later on when I want to design the quilt with EQ!

So..... Tada! You have won the Jelly Roll Trifecta!!! No pinked edges, we can see every fabric and know how they look together, and we can rely on them being cut well!

Anybody who would like to order and would like $5 off with the current newsletter coupon - Just type SAVEFIVE in the "special requests" box on the first page of the checkout process. They will deduct it when they process your order, but it won't show up in the shopping cart. (Nan gave me permission to share this.)

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Nan - as you know, I'm one of the grateful horde!
    How wonderful that you actually made so much effort to choose and cut your own jelly rolls. I bet it did take a lot of time! Your fabric combinations were impossible to resist.
    I also loved that not only do you have the stacked bolt view, so we see how the fabrics look in combination, but you also have pictures of each individual fabric and the ability to order yardage! I always copy and past those pictures into my own files when I order the fabric, which makes it great later on when I want to design the quilt with EQ!

So..... Tada! You have won the Jelly Roll Trifecta!!! No pinked edges, we can see every fabric and know how they look together, and we can rely on them being cut well!

Anybody who would like to order and would like $5 off with the current newsletter coupon - Just type SAVEFIVE in the "special requests" box on the first page of the checkout process. They will deduct it when they process your order, but it won't show up in the shopping cart. (Nan gave me permission to share this.)
    I too am thirilled with being able to really see more of what is in the roll. The ability to order some of the same yardage , REALLY HAPPY! Sliced Bread just took a second seat to this!

I agree that purchasing jelly rolls w/ pics of all fabrics is a good idea.
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Lori, you shouldn't have mentioned metallic fabrics in that other thread. Now look what you made me do!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nan,

The metallic fabrics are so pretty!
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
    Lori, you shouldn't have mentioned metallic fabrics in that other thread. Now look what you made me do!
    WOWEEE!!!! They are just so..........FABULOUS!!! I am in LOVE!!!!! You hit me right in the heart on my quilting/sewing heart!!! Not enough great phrases ... HIP .. HIP .. HURRAY! !!!!!!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda58 View Post
    Nan,

The metallic fabrics are so pretty!
    Thanks, Linda, it turns out that I have way more metallic fabrics than I thought. I've never brought them all together before. (I've made quite a mess in the back room now...)

Oh Gosh! You have quite a talent for temptation Nan!

We were away for a week and your jelly strips were here waiting when I got home.
    Nan, I thought they were beautiful in your photos, but in person, they just take my breath away. My daughter immediately tried to make off with them... all 3 sets! LOL! I am sure she is going to dream up a project and try to sweet talk me into letting her have one set, because she knows i won't be able to resist her enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    The bolts view is best. BTW, I'd love to have a jelly roll with those fabrics.
    I love the idea of seeing the bolts with the jelly rolls.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4