Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Fabrics??? >

JoAnn Fabrics???

JoAnn Fabrics???

Old 12-26-2010, 04:38 AM

Are you near a Hancock Fabrics? They had quite a few this year..... Just an fyi - they do accept competitor coupons as long as you have their preferred card.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
You'll find tons of Christmas fabrics in July and Auguts. They're usually a season ahead. That's when you'll start seeing a lot of Halloween fabric as well. Look for the Easter, St. Patrick's and Valentine's day stuff to come out in the next few weeks.
Really, I never noticed Chirstmas fabric in our stores in the summer time. I will have to pay attention. I want to make a new Christmas table runner for next year. Oops already planning for next year.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 AM

Being 75 miles away from JoAnn's, I did my Christmas fabric shopping online. Got shorted one yard. I emailed them and had to send the one yard I got back. I had ordered 2 yards and only got 1. Anyway, I wanted the 1 yard and was told I had to send it back. Then, heard nothing............I finally emailed and said to just refund my CC. I got a message back telling me they already did. If I hadn't asked about it, I wouldn't have known. I wasn't real happy, but at least I did get a refund.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by 117becca
also make sure you're looking in july/aug for probably the largest selection. It's probably something that doesn't get replaced, so as Christmas gets closer, the selection gets smaller.
You are correct, JoAnns always has more Christmas fabric in June/July and then it is gone by Thanksgiving. Getting us started on our projects early....with me I might buy the fabric in June....and then can't find it in the fall when I want to start a project. LOL
Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 AM

I'm in withdrawal. Good news - our local very small and old Joanns is being moved and upgraded to a Super Store - I can't wait! Bad News - the old store is not accepting any more stock shipments and the new store won't open for 2 months! Trying to keep calm and not panic!!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 AM

Yes, they are being bought out by an acquisitions company which normally has no interest in the business except for profit. I mentioned on the other list that this is what has happened with KMart acquiring Sears too. We spoke to the repairman on his last appointment before he retired and he said this does nothing for the employee or their benefits; as a matter of fact it usually is harmful to them. We can only hope it would be different this time but the track record isn't good.

Maybe one of the new owner's wives quilts??????????
Old 12-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote: - fabrics are released at least 6 months ahead of any (due/season time)...if the christmas fabric hit the stores in December no one would have time to make anything... -)

Now if I could just schedule my mind to think that way, I would be ready for anything.! :-)
Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
My JoAnn's had a nice assortment of Christmas fabric, but nothing that called my name. I did get some "snowman" fabric (panel) in Oct which I used for placemats. I don't need anymore Christmas fabric anyway... too much in my stash already.
That is soooooooooo cute.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by jemcnutt
I'm in withdrawal. Good news - our local very small and old Joanns is being moved and upgraded to a Super Store - I can't wait! Bad News - the old store is not accepting any more stock shipments and the new store won't open for 2 months! Trying to keep calm and not panic!!
I thought Joann Fabric online orders came from a central location
Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Christmas fabric came to Joanns in July. Really not a good selection. Sure hope the new owners improve on the seasonal materials. Here in S FL the selection was very slim. Have several stores (Joann's) in the area but really nothing that would have inspired me. Did notice that the Valentine and Easter fabrics are out but the same old ones they have had for several years. MAYBE new owners will improve