Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Joining quilt batting

To avoid a bump - lay out your pieces ( I use the floor for this) with one slightly overlapping the other. Take your trusty scissors and cut through both pieces - keeping the scissors vertical while doing so. Take out the resulting scraps and - well, then I hand stitch them together with a big basting stitch. I've never had any trouble with stuff shifting. It's also good exercise to crawl around on the floor. Produces a nice bottom line so to speak.

yep thats what I do now - tried the ready made roll of batting tape which worked very well and then realised it was really just a roll of iron on interfacing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    Even easier and cheaper: Get some lightweight iron-on interfacing. Cut it into 2-3" strips. Put the edges of the batting together, and iron it together. Sooo much easier than trying to keep things straight under the sewing machine.

I used the darning foot, and machine basted the batting.. I like to use all the batting.. I hate to waste.. Ialso tried the wonder under, and used it like the tape.. It worked very well, and wasvery cheap..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2