Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 'just HAVE to say...........................

community benefactor
    Ditto from another Aussie

i agree. i enjoy checking out all the comments. this is a fun site for all us fabri-holics. :) i've only joined about a month ago and have now watched 2 tutorials that i loved and am looking forward to trying. and i can't get enough of the singin in the sewin room and y'all's creativity. :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Yes we are all very lucky. I also miss Eddie when he is away too long. His quilts are spectacular.

Blog Entries
    I have something that I think that applies here
    "I live in my own little world.---but it's ok, they all know me here." I have this on the front of my car's license's plate. Several women have asked if they could copy it for their on use. Be my guest.

Fox
    61, and having more fun than a teenager.

Blog Entries
    74 here (next week)

Blog Entries
    this group is very addicting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    This group is SO great that it needs to be said. EVERYTHING and anything can be discussed here, problems solved, not to mention the tutorials and SEEING so many works of art. I have learned alot here, been given inspiration and met many many new friends. It is so cool being able to see quilts from quilt shows, and finding the closest fabric stores and new "deals" being offered.
    The ONLY problem with this site is............that......................I am ON IT TOO LONG AND OFTEN! :oops:
    So thank you everyone and I for one am very greatful I found it........by the way - where has Eddie been???? I miss hearing and seeing his quilts!!
    DITTO!!!! I spend way too much time here, but.....love it!

I bless the day I found this place. Three years ago when I hit 60 and retired from work I bought my first sewing machine, a third hand Toyota from eBay, I also bought a rotary cutter, cutting mat, ruler and a few pieces of fabric. Now I have enough stuff to start my own quilt shop and in two weeks time I will be going to the National Quilt Show at the NEC in Birmingham here in the UK. The first thing I will do when I get there is to hit the sewing machine stands because at last I can afford to buy a BRAND NEW MACHINE, I feel as excited as a child just before Christmas. At long last I will be able to have a go at machine quilting and freehand machine embroidery. Since joining in with all you wonderful people on here it has opened so many doors of interest for me I'm busy nearly all day doing something I love. A big thank you one and all.

Blog Entries
    I agree with everything everyone has said about this board. I am addicted and spend WAY to much time here when I should be sewing (or cleaning) but what the hay, it's my home and my time and I'm old enough to choose to *do it or not*! Luckily, or not..., I don't have a job. My DH is disabled and in very poor health and my only job is to take care of him.

BTW, I'm 56

Ditto to all of the replies. It is an awesome board and I talk about it all of the time to my other quilting friends.

I am 80

I am 53 and totally disabled as is my husband, we live with our DD and have her quilting also. Along with teaching the 4 kids to sew and quilt. What would we do without you all.

Same here :lol:

Senior Member quilting librarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltbugs
    I'd get twice as many quilts made if I wasn't on here so much. :-)
    ... and if I didn't also spend so much time buying fabric, and looking at fabric, I would probably get three or four times as many quilts made. :-D

Very well said. I feel the same here.

Thanks all this is a wonderful site. I really enjoy every aspect of it. The tutorials are wonderful and so are the people who are so kind and full of knowledge. I read way more than I write! There is so much great information. Thank you so much!

This group is SO great that it needs to be said. EVERYTHING and anything can be discussed here, problems solved, not to mention the tutorials and SEEING so many works of art. I have learned alot here, been given inspiration and met many many new friends. It is so cool being able to see quilts from quilt shows, and finding the closest fabric stores and new "deals" being offered.
    The ONLY problem with this site is............that......................I am ON IT TOO LONG AND OFTEN! :oops:
    So thank you everyone and I for one am very greatful I found it........by the way - where has Eddie been???? I miss hearing and seeing his quilts!!
    Amen and GOD Bless! :mrgreen: :thumbup:

I agree

:D

I agree with all the great comments on the board. I also spend way too much time on here but it is hard not to. I learn alot from all the great quilters on here & I love looking at everyone's finished or unfinished projects. I just love it here!

By spending time here I am limiting my "carbon footprint"...
    Well, that's my excuse anyway! Seriously, this is a great place, with interesting people. Everyone has a story to tell and knowledge to pass on. It is a good community to belong to and by belonging we are enriching our lives and the lives of others. Long may it continue!

its hard to add any more thoughts but Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spend to much time here! I get on at night and before I know it its 3:00am. Can't get up in the morning till 10:00am if I am lucky. Between this site and sewing my apt looks like ???????? cant think of the right word for it.
    Margaret

Ditto to what everyone has said about this site.
    I love reading & learning things from all who share.

BUT I must also say that there are some awesome quilters here who really care about others. A few I email & talk to everyday. A couple are on my yahoo.
    I am a lone quilter.... no one around me sews much less quilts. SO I have adopted ALL of you to be my quilting buddys.

Blog Entries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast