Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Blog Entries
    No - it's not just you. I would love to be able to sew for long stretches every day. For a few years, when my son was small, I wasn't working outside the home and was able to sew during his nap time. With working full time and other obligations, I don't sew very much during the week, but I do something quilt related for 15 to 30 minutes every day - gathering fabrics, cutting, reading, etc. It's amazing how much can be accomplished in a short period of time. I discovered that by doing the preparation work during the week, I'm able to sew for 4 -5 hours at a time on weekends. I also knit while watching the news in the evening. I suffer "separation anxiety" if I am not creating just a teeny bit every day.

No you are not alone, as I sew when I can and may go weeks without being able to. I work full-time and my sewing area is cold as it's in the basement, and the heater doesn't get it very warm. Someday will have an actual sewing room that is insulated and functional all year round. Penny McKee

There are 3 things necessary before I do any sewing: when I have time, when I'm in the mood, & when I'm not sick. That amounts to probably about 1/3 of the days in each year, a little more if I'm lucky. Also, I have health issues so cannot sew for very many hours on those sewing days, so even a "quick" quilt is not quick for me.

I don't sew everyday, I could if I want but I also like to knit. So I do a few days knitting and a few sewing, all depends on the mood I'm in...lol

Yeah! you're not alone on finding the time. I have my two youngest grandchildren this morning Kyle is 5 and Rachael is 3. They sure make days busy and enjoyable. They like to help with handing out pins or watching when I do sew.

I sew several hours (like 4-5) every day but my children are grown and my husband just retired and I can clean at midnight if I want to. All fabric looks brighter in daylight, so I figure, why not? Seriously, I love, love, love to create and I can look out my big window out into the nearby birdhouses and woods and watch nature at the same time. What a great time of life!!! I wouldn't go back for anything!! This is sheer and utter contentment.

Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    I don't sew every day even though I'm at home. Some days there is too much going on with the kids - some days my back isn't up to sitting at the machine or leaning over a table cutting and basting. I wish I got more sewing done, especially when I see all that some others are doing. But - I can only do the best I can, and admire the work of others!
    same here :cry: ..... then seems like I try to make up for it all in one day :-( .....

I wish I could sew every day! I have too many things going on and can't get to it. I don't think it counts if I think about sewing everyday and go by the sewing room drooling... :)

I don't get to sew everyday - my back won't take it, and I try to volunteer at our Senior Center. Wish I could sew more, also.

If my house would stop falling apart I could sew everyday!!! We bought the money pit!!!

I have a huge hole in my ceiling right now over my stove and I'm not happy about it....

I don't "sew" everyday - some days I am just planning what I am going to sew - but I usually spend time each day working on someone's quilts.

I try to work on customer quilts on Thursday and Friday, which are my full days at home - other days if I am working on rush quilts.

Would love to have the time to sew every day but it hasn't been happening.

I sew everyday, but it is my job...I am a longarm quilter. I am forbidden to sew on weekends...my DH likes me to spend my time with him. I don't mind :0)
    Michelle G. in El Paso

I don't sew everyday. I work full time and sew when I can. Can't wait to retire!!!!

I only WISH I could sew every day. Too many non-sewing days tho, and I get depressed.

I do not sew everyday, sometimes a month will go by, just depends on what else is happening in my life. I do other
    crafty things as well but sometimes I just need to veg out.

Blog Entries
    I have to be in the mood to do a project or it only goes down hill from the beginning and it is not worth the effort to rip.

I don't sew every day either. I have a house to keep up, cleaning, wash, etc. Meals to fix for DH. I do most of my quilting over the winter. Seldom quilt during the spring/summer so I can spend time outside in my landscaping. When the hot weather comes in July/August I retreat back to my quilting.

I am a stay at home wife, but also watch granddaughter part of the time.. Even when not busy I don't sew every day... I have lots of other things to do and keep me busy...I so when the mood is there...I love doing and do when I want....

Blog Entries
    Being retired, I do have the time, but have a lot of other interest also...but once I start on a project I might sew for 3 or 4 days in a row...but I have to be inspired also!
    So sometimes I wait on inspiration!

I think if I sewed every single day I would be missing a lot. I sew when I'm in the mood.

Much as I'd like to, I sometimes will go 2-3 weeks without touching the sewing machine, so don't feel left out. There are probably a lot more of us than you can imagine!

Blog Entries
    I don't sew every day.

I'm home everyday, but alas I do not sew or quilt everyday. Some days I lack motivation, others I spend all day on the computer reading, looking and playing games. Have lots of sewing quilting that needs to be done, but if I don't feel like sewing or quilting, I've learned not to try.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast