Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just received my block magazine from MSQC wow!!!! >

Just received my block magazine from MSQC wow!!!!

Just received my block magazine from MSQC wow!!!!

Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 AM

I like to think of it in terms of price per pattern. If there are 3 out of the 10 or 12 in the magazine, then the price it way better than buying patterns or a $20+ book for just a few patterns I will use. Haven't gotten mine yet and look forward to it arriving.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 AM

I'm not a fan. My comment was more about how she got started and the format of her first publication. No advertisements. The magazines were spectacular in their time.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:26 AM

I am a real doof... I couldn't imagine how they could produce this magazine for that price... then when I saw Gale's entry I went back and looked. They will be charging my Credit card every 2 months for the $5.99 Still a bargain, I guess.... guess I will see what the first magazine looks like, but don't know if I like the idea of an automatic charge on my cc every two months. Thanks for the heads up Gale.
Originally Posted by gale View Post
The subscription price is per issue. Just in case that wasn't clear.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:26 AM

What is the list of patterns in the first issue?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

I hope if the production cost go up too much they will up the price of the magazine and keep the ads out. It's easy to keep up with what is new in quilting by quilt shop emails, shop hops, blogs, quilts on Facebook, other magazines, catalogs, and this board. I like the ads too but the same ads are in every magazine and online.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 AM

Can't wait to get mine, I love the Doan family. We have met them and they are the real deal!!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM

Are the patterns in the "BLOCK" also available as MSQC tutorials as they were with F & P mag??
Old 03-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by BettyGee View Post
If there is one person in this world that bugs me the most it is Martha Stewart. Granted she has some great ideas, but she doesn't think them up all by herself and I have never heard her give credit to anyone.
Whenever anyone compliments her, I always hear her say I have a staff who do a lot of the work. Always
Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
QUOTE=gale;6615097]The subscription price is per issue. Just in case that wasn't clear.
I didn't realize the cost was for one issue when I signed up for it. That will be a mighty hefty cost if you get all of them for the year.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a hefty cost. It is just a little more than 1/2 the price per issue of most quilt magazines. I am going to let my subscription to Love of Quiting expire. It is more ads than anything else. Block is all quilt patterns and instructions and a couple of "how to" sections in each issue. I think it is a great value for the money.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz View Post
I am a real doof... I couldn't imagine how they could produce this magazine for that price... then when I saw Gale's entry I went back and looked. They will be charging my Credit card every 2 months for the $5.99 Still a bargain, I guess.... guess I will see what the first magazine looks like, but don't know if I like the idea of an automatic charge on my cc every two months. Thanks for the heads up Gale.
If you don't want all of the issues, you can opt out of any issue you don't want. Couldn't be much easier than that.