Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Laugh For You - My First Quilt Stencil

QM
    I sure we all have done worse. Thanks for the laugh/

Thanks for my morning laugh. Those who can laugh at themselves seldom suffer from depression. How do I know? I am always the first to laugh at myself.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

ROFL!
    (BTW... I would have done the same if my grandmother hadn't pointed that little bit of info out to me when I started quilting! )
    “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~Scott Adams

Piecefully,
    Lisa

Well,that could have happened to anyone.

It's amazing how many people don't know to quilt across the bridges to make a whole design. Good for you for figuring it out so quickly.

I did the same thing until the light went on. I,m sure we are not the only ones that have done this, LOL
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Thanks for sharing your moment LOL - oh how many times have I had moments like these!!!!
    Pat

At least you accomplished what you started out to do! Sometimes it takes us all a moment for that lightbulb to pop on. Keep up your efforts before you know it you will be great at it.
    starlite(Jan)

You're not alone with your light bulb moments! Thanks for a good chuckle!

Blog Entries
    It's like cooking your first turkey and leaving the bag of giblets and stuff in the cavity - you only do it once!!!

Just a reminder to us experienced quilters to never assume anyone knows anything when they are a new quilter. What is second nature to us may never cross the student's mind. Thanks for the laugh. Glad you figured it out!
    Thimble and Thread

Good lesson. Thank you
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Thanks for the giggle. I love hearing about folks that do dumb stuff like I do. Don't ya just wonder how you made it this far in life sometimes? I know I sure do and I've had 71 years of goofy mistakes.

A "aha" moment. Thanks for sharing. I always remember the "aha" moments and don't repeat that learning cycle (for that one anyway!). LOL

Blog Entries
    You are smarter then I was. My first ever use of a stencil, I actually started cutting the stencil so the opening would be continuous. I was happily cutting away thinking what a hassle it was to not have the stencil all cut in the first place. When the stencil started to fall apart I realized what I was doing wrong. I know I turned red with embarrassment and no one was around. LOL.
    Got fabric?

Senior Member such a sew and sew's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are a humble person ( which Jesus said was good). Thanks for the laugh. I had one of those that I studied for about an hour only to realize, it was not continuous!
    Song: "Keep your eyes on the prize."

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing with us! We all have had our beginner moments - few think to share them with our friends. It could have been worse - you could have tried to sew with the stencil ON the quilt!

Good one. You did make me chuckle - and taught me a valuable lesson too as I haven't used a stencil yet.

I'm not laughing. I would probably have done the very same thing. See now that you have shared I know to look for gaps in the stencil. Thank you for the bit of new knowledge.

I had a good chuckle! That is so cute! So nice of you to share. I have made alot of mistakes in my creative endeavors as well. I am sure I as soon to have many more as I am very new to the quilting process.
    I AM A CHILD OF GOD

Thankyou for the tears of laughter at breakfast this morning. Still I am giggling.
    Merivale
    Australia.

I call them my "a ha" moments.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

It's nice to know we all have moments and can laugh about them and go on. I have been following the Leah Day FMQ class. It is free and I have learned so much from her. I am amazed that a young lady has so much knowledge.

Sometimes my lightbulb flickers wildly.

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am happy to have made you laugh along with me.

REally, wonder how they do that? I will have to look into those. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
    It's amazing how many people don't know to quilt across the bridges to make a whole design. Good for you for figuring it out so quickly.
    Ah, so they are properly called bridges? That makes sense. As with most new endeavours, there is a whole new language to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    You are smarter then I was. My first ever use of a stencil, I actually started cutting the stencil so the opening would be continuous. I was happily cutting away thinking what a hassle it was to not have the stencil all cut in the first place. When the stencil started to fall apart I realized what I was doing wrong. I know I turned red with embarrassment and no one was around. LOL.
    Luckier I think might be the better way to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by skowron5 View Post
    It's nice to know we all have moments and can laugh about them and go on. I have been following the Leah Day FMQ class. It is free and I have learned so much from her. I am amazed that a young lady has so much knowledge.
    I did find her website, I LOVE it. I think I like her ideas better than my stencil. I've tried out a few already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast