Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Linda McGhee's Spiral Tablerunner >

Linda McGhee's Spiral Tablerunner

Linda McGhee's Spiral Tablerunner

Old 01-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Saw Linda McGhee demostrate a Spiral Tablerunner on Martha Pullen's PBS show today. Has anyone tried this method?? If so please post a picture.
It really looks interesting. I just can't quite figure out how to start sewing. She has instructions for something similar on her website under free projects.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by pjustice63
Saw Linda McGhee demostrate a Spiral Tablerunner on Martha Pullen's PBS show today. Has anyone tried this method?? If so please post a picture.
It really looks interesting. I just can't quite figure out how to start sewing. She has instructions for something similar on her website under free projects.
Not sure if this will help, its info on how-to spiral:
http://www.americaquiltscreatively.com/
Go to download the PDF for episode #607 (Series 600, show #7) - its a multipage PDF you can download that has instrux on how to make the tube?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Originally Posted by pjustice63
Not sure if this will help, its info on how-to spiral:
http://www.americaquiltscreatively.com/
Go to download the PDF for episode #607 (Series 600, show #7) - its a multipage PDF you can download that has instrux on how to make the tube?
Thank you very much.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:41 AM

That was it and it finally made sense as how to sew it and where to start. Thank you again.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

:) :mrgreen: :thumbup:
Old 09-12-2011, 03:12 PM

Im not sure when you posted your question about the tablerunner,but I had a problem understanding it also. The show came on today here in LA. twice today and I made sure to see both programs. The fabric was 15" by 45". So figured the measurements should always be at least three times longer than the width to make it come out correctly. I made it and voila', mine came out . Am anxious to do some more.