Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Location of quilters

Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I would love to meet someone close to me, get together for sewins maybe.
    Wow wouldnt it be great to host a get together with quilters from here close to you at a public park or something.Just a thought . I am from Western New York

Blog Entries
    The first thing I look at when reading a post is where they live.

Blog Entries
    I was born in Connecticut, moved to FL to take care of my mother lived there for 18 yrs, and have retired to Texas I live in a small small town called Sisterdale. I am 3 miles from my mailbox I have a roller coaster ride to get to it and it takes 30 min to 1 hr to go anywhere to shop so I shop a lot on line. I love this board look forward to reading it everyday.

Hey you!

That was ages ago when we used to meet. Wonder where Shari is now? I bet she is not quilting--she hated it!

Quote Originally Posted by AkAngel
    Hi, I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska (Interior) I've been raised here and consider it home although I was born in Eastern Wa.
    There are a few members from Alaska here although I think we are all well spread out. Frannie in Anchor Point who posted a few pages back use to live here in Fairbanks and we use to meet at my home each week. We were crocheting at the time and met through another online list. I miss being able to get together with other in the area.
    Muriel

Yes, it was a long time ago but I really miss our get togethers. Wish you were going to the Quilt Festival in Sept.
    I am looking forward to it.
    Muriel

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    Oakhurst is not a very big town. What is his name, and where does he work. When you come to see him be sure to pm me so we can meet at Bear Paws and More
    Well hello, it is a small world after all, my mother lives in Yuba City and that is not far from Oakhurst...go figure, Next time I travel down that way, I will write you and see if you would like to meet up at Bear Paws and More.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    I agree. So fun to find that a quilter lives just around the corner or just around the world!
    The beauty of this list is that it does put the quilters on the other side of the world or other states right next door. Just as good as my local friends! Plus, I can talk to you guys at midnight or later.

What a great idea of identifing where we live at! I'm really shy and probably "talk" more on this message board than I do with my neighbors (we moved into a new neighborhood about 4 months ago).

"The more I learn, the more I realize what I don't know"
    :roll:

Virginia Beach, VA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles_62
    i love knowing where people come from , me southeast OKLAHOMA .
    I am also from SE Okla. - Moyers - just 6 miles N. of Antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by redrummy
    I agree, I love seeing where we are all from.
    redrummy,

I'm just a little north of you in Loudonville. We're practically neighbors! :D

Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB
    I'm in northwest Ohio, just a few miles from where the tornado went through last night and demolished a high school, and 3 people lost their lives. But my fabric is fine! We're in the process of finishing my sewing room so not only do I like to see how widespread quilting is, I love to see the rooms where it's enjoyed
    I've been reading about the tornado damage; my heart goes out to everyone that lost loved ones or homes. We had nasty storms and a tornado hit about 20 miles away near Mansfield, but it wasn't nearly as bad here as what your area of Ohio received.

I'm in the process of putting my sewing room together; unfortunately it's not picture ready yet. If I EVER get it finished :roll: , I'll be sure to post pics. I'll look for your pics, too.

Corie is absolutely beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I am at the bottom of an ocean.......... 8-) :lol:

Billy
    Ha ha, say "hi" to SpongeBob and the gang for me! :lol: Is it hard to quilt underwater, Billy? Good thing you use treadle machines!

Alger, Washington...(north of Burlington, south of Bellingham) Seems like there are lots of Washington Quilters.

Hi! I'm from Missoula, Montana. Born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska on a farm. I moved to Missoula about 18 months ago. Making friends is the hardest thing when one relocates. The Missoula Quilting Guild is putting on a quilt show thw 25th/26th 0f this month. Getting involved in that activity has gotten me to know other quilters. If any of you are traveling this way, come by . betsy lou

There's still a lot more Aussie's (and a few near neighbours) floating around on this board that haven't found this thread yet.

We are standing here waving.... waiting.....

Finally someone from NYS-I live in Waterloo, about an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by Deecee
    There's still a lot more Aussie's (and a few near neighbours) floating around on this board that haven't found this thread yet.

We are standing here waving.... waiting.....
    ...............and waving, with both hands now!

Deecee, do you think they have forgotten about us?

:-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Holice is in Sturbridge, Massachusetts

i need to look at the profile again.
    You must go to Charlton Sewing Center, it's just down the road from you. It's a very nice store, and if the owner (Cathy) is there, she will play the organ for you. The store is in an old church.
    I've been there On a day trip. Very nice. About an hour from Boston.
    I have looked it up a few times but never been there; its on my list :P
    It's a really nice store. Cathy likes to do community stuff. This past Saturday, she had an event and the "fee" was to bring a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid. She had a huge turnout just to bring the Dawn! She's going to send it to help get the birds cleaned from the oil spill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    Hi All---I am in Auburn, Washington which is halfway between Seattle and Tacoma. I am very blessed to have several LQS within 30 minutes of my home!
    I went to In the Beginning Quilt Shop when I visited family there several years ago. WA is a beautiful state.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Quote Originally Posted by ICU_FOSTERMOM
    I am in a small town in Mass. Tyngsboro. It is on the N. H. border on rt.3
    I am new to this board but love it already . I am a newbie Quilter. I Love Quilting . Sometimes it is overwhelming to think about how much there is out there to learn . I really don't know if my Brain can hold all that info...lol
    You'r right up the street from where I work in Chelmsford. Have you been to Candlelight quilt shop in Chelmsford center yet? nice quilt shop.
    And I live in Chelmsford and work part time at the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell. Small world!
    Boy is it a small world. I've has given some Chistmas deckerations to the Quilt Museum over the years, but never have gone there. Also a number of their trunk shows. Loved those.
    I've been to the Quilt Museum in Lowell, it's a nice place. The American Textile History Museum is nearby. I haven't been in several years, but when a group of us did go, itt was a great place to go through and they had delicious sandwiches and soup.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it interesting to see where other quilters live? I think it's kind of interesting to see that someone else is posting a question or comment and they live half way around the world. I wish everyone would put in their real location instead of something so general it could be anywhere in the world. I just think it makes it a little more interesting to know that someone in London, for instance, is posting something - it just adds to the overall interest in my humble opinion. Happy quilting!
    I agree! I like to see where quilters are from, too, so I don't get what this "in hiding" stuff is about. I would think just a state listing would not be too personal.
    Since there are 17 pages to this thread so far, I bet somebody has already explained this: the reason so many have "in hiding" as their location is they are probably involved in a swap...especially the Secret Quilt Angel Swap" and don't want their "angelee", to figure out who they are by having their location visible.
    It makes it more fun to be anonymous all year and then later in the year, maybe Christmas? I'm not sure, as i am not in that swap...but then they will finally all find out who their partner was. :thumbup:

anyone else from Maine?

Hi everybody, I pulled my location because we are in the process of moving back to our home state. We are in Northern Virginia now, but plan on goin back to central Kentucky this summer. We've only been in VA for about 8 years, so don't really feel like we should be representives of this state. Hey, I could put "going home to KY in my location box", couldn't I.

EC
    Quote Originally Posted by whinnytoo
    anyone else from Maine?
    Not from Maine, but have done a lot of visiting there, in Holden and formerly in Winter Harbor.

Guess I'm not very interesting. I not only live in the continental US, but in south central TEXAS.

Have any of you been watching the news that showed the results of the torrential rains we had yesterday? Most people report that they are just going to dry out, clean up, and move back in.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast