Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
LONG ARM/SHORT ARM QUILTING FEET - TAKE II >

LONG ARM/SHORT ARM QUILTING FEET - TAKE II

LONG ARM/SHORT ARM QUILTING FEET - TAKE II

Old 10-31-2011, 07:11 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,039
Default

Has anyone seen the Teflon roller glide adapter? Its an adapter for hopping foot so us "short armers" can also enjoy ruler work. It looks amazing and I bought one tonight. $10.00. I found mine at http://wendacoburn.com/store/index.p...o&order_id=34.

If you have one, let me know what you think.

Thank you, Sue
suebee is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 PM
  #2  
Moderator
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,296
Default

i don't have one. but i saw it online and was tempted. however, i realized that you will not be able to clearly see in the area of the needle with it to line up your sewing in the proper spot.
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:24 PM
  #3  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,039
Default

True, but I wont be using it all the time. Only when using rulers. Then you dont have to see the needle, your using the ruler as your guide. I will keep you posted once I get it. Lord knows I will use it the minute it gets here, LOL. Plenty of quilts awaiting.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
i don't have one. but i saw it online and was tempted. however, i realized that you will not be able to clearly see in the area of the needle with it to line up your sewing in the proper spot.
suebee is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 PM
  #4  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ephrata, WA
Posts: 8,802
Default

Originally Posted by suebee
True, but I wont be using it all the time. Only when using rulers. Then you dont have to see the needle, your using the ruler as your guide. I will keep you posted once I get it. Lord knows I will use it the minute it gets here, LOL. Plenty of quilts awaiting.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
i don't have one. but i saw it online and was tempted. however, i realized that you will not be able to clearly see in the area of the needle with it to line up your sewing in the proper spot.
I have never seen these. Let me know how it works. ;)
charismah is offline  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 PM
  #5  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,039
Default

For sure I will! $10.00 compared to $50.00+ for a new foot, definitely worth a try in my book.

Originally Posted by charismah
Originally Posted by suebee
True, but I wont be using it all the time. Only when using rulers. Then you dont have to see the needle, your using the ruler as your guide. I will keep you posted once I get it. Lord knows I will use it the minute it gets here, LOL. Plenty of quilts awaiting.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
i don't have one. but i saw it online and was tempted. however, i realized that you will not be able to clearly see in the area of the needle with it to line up your sewing in the proper spot.
I have never seen these. Let me know how it works. ;)
suebee is offline  
Old 11-01-2011, 05:32 AM
  #6  
Moderator
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,296
Default

Originally Posted by suebee
Has anyone seen the Teflon roller glide adapter? Its an adapter for hopping foot so us "short armers" can also enjoy ruler work. It looks amazing and I bought one tonight. $10.00. I found mine at http://wendacoburn.com/store/index.p...o&order_id=34.

If you have one, let me know what you think.

Thank you, Sue
your link requires sign up - here's another link to it http://wendacoburn.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=195

i wonder how easy it is to snap it in and out and whether doing that will 'wear it out'
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 PM
  #7  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,039
Default

It just goes into hole in foot easily and is held on by the little clamp it comes with. Looks like a perfect solution to me.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
your link requires sign up - here's another link to it http://wendacoburn.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=195

i wonder how easy it is to snap it in and out and whether doing that will 'wear it out'
suebee is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 110
Default

Hello Suebee I am interested to know if you have used the teflon foot and is it adaptable to your machine?
lowjane is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
suebee
Main
1
10-31-2011 06:06 PM
cmagee84
Main
17
06-11-2011 10:17 AM
katyquilter
Main
10
05-06-2011 07:15 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.