Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a Buddy >

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for a Buddy

Old 04-05-2011, 07:12 AM

Possum Trot, KY is almost as far west in Kentucky as you can get .... wishing you luck in finding someone close to you... but as you can see, this group is a crazy, silly bunch that is always available and willing to help...just a finger stroke away.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 AM

I think we would a like to be buddies. All the people in my neighborhood have either moved to town or died. so I am happy to be anyones buddy. we have 2 quilt stores in Minot, Joanns and Hobby Lobby. Bismarck is 2 1/2 hr away and only rarely get there. they have several including a Hancocks I believe. they closed down in Minot and the sale prices were higher than when they were in business. you could only bu at the sale if you had cash and they didn't put those notices up large enough for any one to see until after they had shopped.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by ruck9085
That's great! Where is Gallatin Co. I live outside of Richmond, in the boonies! LOL!
Gallatin County is on I 71, between Cincinnati and Louisville, if you know where the Kentucky Speedway is you know where I am. If I had to guess your about 45 mins south of the Quilt Box. It's in Dry Ridge. Awesome shop!!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Sorry far from you but how about another cyber buddy? Please tell me about your projects and do you have pictures of your quilts? I am 47 and have a lot of children so I am mostly home. Several of my friends quilt but overal I quilt on my own and check in frequently on the board.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 AM

North Dakota! I don't think I've ever had a friend in ND! I welcome you as a friend. Say, do you live near the indian reservation? Have you ever visited there? I'll bet you could ind some beautiful fabrics there. I am part Cherokee, and my grandmother made some gorgeous quilts!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 AM

A lot of kids, huh? I had five. Oldest daughter died twenty years agto this coming Oct at the age of 24. I have 12 grandkids and 1 great grand daughter with another on the way. Made a few quilts over the years, but only started in July of 2000. I've made over twenty wuilts in that time, but never even thought to take pix of them. I do have one of the quilt I made for my d-i-l, but haven't quilted it yet. I do all my quilting by hand. Can't seem to get the hang of machine quilting, and to me, that kind of takes away from the handmade feeling. Just me, I guess. Too old to try to change these spots now.! LOL!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:55 AM

I love that name! Possum Trot! How country! Hi! Let's be friends anyway. These days distance is just numbers!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ruck9085
A lot of kids, huh? I had five. Oldest daughter died twenty years agto this coming Oct at the age of 24. I have 12 grandkids and 1 great grand daughter with another on the way. Made a few quilts over the years, but only started in July of 2000. I've made over twenty wuilts in that time, but never even thought to take pix of them. I do have one of the quilt I made for my d-i-l, but haven't quilted it yet. I do all my quilting by hand. Can't seem to get the hang of machine quilting, and to me, that kind of takes away from the handmade feeling. Just me, I guess. Too old to try to change these spots now.! LOL!
Sounds like you have a lovely family Linda. So sorry to hear about your DD that passed away so early. Heart breaking. DH and I have 14 children, many came home by adoption, and three grand children, two of those are angels now in heaven as they were born prematurely. I have lost track of how many quilts I made but I started taking pictures over the last 2 years or so. I posted some on the board.

Hand quilting is wonderful. The quilt tends to be softer and drapes more. I realy do not hand quilt much any more. I would like to do some traditional Hawaiian style quilts and needle turn and hand quilt those but for now I only have a small pillow top in progress with that method.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 AM

I wish we lived close enough to go for coffee together, but remember that as long as you have Internet you have more than 27,500 friends on QB!

Another idea is to check this site, which lists quilting guilds by state: http://www.quiltguilds.com/kentucky.htm
The first impression of that page is that there's nothing, but for some reason you have to scroll way down to see the long list. Maybe there's one near you?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 AM

Linda, I live in Lexington, and there are so many of us from KY on here, you are sure to find lots of friends. I can't drive anymore, so I'm pretty much around all the time. Start watching the avatar of people who post and you will see many from KY. And they are all great ladies! You can send a PM anytime to anyone by clicking on their name, including me! Glad to meet you! Carol