Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: It Is Love, No Doubt About It

It Is Love, No Doubt About It

Every single time I see something by McKenna Ryan, I fall for it. Her color choices, and the themes of each quilt she comes up with, make me want to get them all. Bears in the wilderness, Christmas with little animals, bird houses. They are all gorgeous. I do have a kit that I bought a while back. It has two otters playing under the water. Maybe I'll get it out tomorrow and make some progress. The pieces are ironed, and cut out. I'm halfway there.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Power Poster
    She does have great patterns but I have not made any. I just admire the quilts others make.

Blog Entries
    I was curious so looked them up... they are great designs https://www.pineneedles.com/
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I did this one. Kid bought the kit and never did it, so I made it and sent it to her.
    https://www.pineneedles.com/Dashing-...ow-p/wfg06.htm

She's otter and ferret happy.

First and last I'll do. I don't like just ironed on applique.

She does have cute patterns. I've made a couple smaller pieces - santa in the sleigh with the reindeer; and a birdhouse with a squirrel. I have the patterns for some Christmas-y polar bears ones. I really really like the ones with the laser cut pieces since she has such intricate and small pattern pieces.
    Lori

I like how her designs look, but after making the Forest Hollow top, I would not choose another one. I am slowly machine quilting it when I'm in the right mood There are many teensy pieces and I have mostly satin stitched the shapes as it will be a small quilt not a wall hanging. https://www.pineneedles.com/Forest-Hollow-s/1851.htm

I love her work and admire the people who have the skill to make one of her projects!
    Penny

They are all truly adorable. Thanks Nan for showing the link to the site. I have yet to accomplish that act.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

The quilts in the link are very pretty. I don't make that kind of quilts. I don't have the patience.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have always loved her work. Her colors are always amazing. She is very talented