Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lst night I met the Quilt Police! >

Lst night I met the Quilt Police!

Lst night I met the Quilt Police!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
So what did the written rules say? Enforcing the rules of a contest does not make her quilt police.
If her instructions said "label"maybe she simply confused the entry label with quilt label.
at our fair the people checking in entries are volunteers. some have been doing it for years, others not.she may have been new and simply trying to do her job right.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by northerncreations View Post
Agree that it would be helpful if all requirements/rules were specified before you enter your quilts. ........ let us know.
And who says the requirements/rules were not specified?
It's been asked numerous times.
And so far "let us know" doesn't seem to be happening!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 AM

You can't follow the rules if you don't know the rules! If there are requirments in order to enter the rules should be clearly stated. Otherwise, they need to suck it up!!! LOL
Old 08-08-2012, 06:19 AM

Now you tell me. I am turning in a wall hanging to my Guild tonight for our quilt show in Oct, my first time.
I just finished sewing the label last night, I put it in the lower right corner. I agree there was nothing in the rules
about this. As a matter of fact I didn't see any rules. Will be interested to see what happens tonight.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by cpcarolyn View Post
Now you tell me. I am turning in a wall hanging to my Guild tonight for our quilt show in Oct, my first time.
I just finished sewing the label last night, I put it in the lower right corner. I agree there was nothing in the rules
about this. As a matter of fact I didn't see any rules. Will be interested to see what happens tonight.
I don't get it. How can you say there was nothing in the rules if you didn't see any rules? Did you ask if there were any before you finished your quilt for this show?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 AM

Didn't you have a hanging sleeve that was a clue as to which way it went? BTW, I have also started making my labels diagonal. I saw in a magazine somewhere where the quiler had added it in to the side seams with the binding, much like you would catch a hanging sleeve. But I DO put it on the lower left ( looking at the back) corner in case I want to show it. I also have been putting them on what would look like upside down if you orientated it to the top of the quilt. But if a white glove lady flips it up to show someone, it reads right side up!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by grammatjr View Post
Yes, it is the lower left of the back. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it was funny she just kept telling me. If that is what they like, they should list it in the rules. The quilts all had the check in info attached in the lower left corner, not necessarily where the label was. It just tickeled me.
grmmatjr did state in a second post that the label location was not listed in the rules.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I don't get it. How can you say there was nothing in the rules if you didn't see any rules? Did you ask if there were any before you finished your quilt for this show?
This wall hanging was not made for the show (does anyone do that) it was made for a quilt challange. It is my first quilt that I thought was good enough to enter in a quilt show. No there weren't a rules that I know about. My quild was asking for entries so I decided to enter it. I know that rules are inportant to some people but I tend not to like rules. It appears that there are quilt police right here on the board
Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 AM

Well I guess I'm all wrong then. I always put mine on the lower right corner of the back.... oops
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM

Bless her heart! Sounds like she needs a couple of Prozac and a chance to chill!