Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
may lose my quilts in Santa Barbara fire >

may lose my quilts in Santa Barbara fire

may lose my quilts in Santa Barbara fire

Old 05-08-2009, 05:48 PM

The situation there is still grim.

The news reported a few hours ago, the estimate: 75 homes lost and 3,500 homes and 100 businesses are in immediate jeopardy. Also that more than 30,000 area residents were ordered to leave their homes and 23,000 more are to be ready to go. That amounts to half of the area's population. The fire chief said that this is effecting everyone in the community, that those who have not been evacuated are housing those who have been. The fire front has extended to five miles.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Such a grim situation...
I am praying for everyone involved...
Kirsten
Old 05-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

I hope her home is spared. She is in my prayers.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:46 PM

You are all being so wonderful to me; I sure wish my poor daughter had this much support! She's probably freaking out after seeing the news and the local report. Evacuation zones have been extended even farther now.

No phone call from her since this morning after her landlord scared her.

Oh, and I too was wondering why he offered to get only one thing for each. Maybe, he has things there he wanted to save for himself, though I don't know what, since he doesn't live there. Anyway, I hope he got to go in and at least get the cat--yikes! Vanessa has been fighting with her housemate, a woman 15yrs her senior, to make arrangements for her cat when she leaves because she, Vanessa, does that for her little dog and can't be responsible for the cat. Not only that, Vanessa has asthma and is allergic to the cat! Maybe now the woman will love her cat enough and be considerate enough to Vanessa to take responsibility. But the amazing cluelessness of this never-lived-with-anybody-before woman is a whole other story! OK, I just have to give another example of this; one day, Vanessa came home to find her housemate had put a bunch of clothes into her(Vanessa's) closet in her own bedroom. The woman was truly baffled why this was inappropriate. She said her own closet was already full and Vanessa had plenty of room! --ha! There's more, but I'll put those on non-quilting Chit-Chat someday in the future.

Again, thank you and I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
You are all being so wonderful to me; I sure wish my poor daughter had this much support! She's probably freaking out after seeing the news and the local report. Evacuation zones have been extended even farther now.

No phone call from her since this morning after her landlord scared her.

Oh, and I too was wondering why he offered to get only one thing for each. Maybe, he has things there he wanted to save for himself, though I don't know what, since he doesn't live there. Anyway, I hope he got to go in and at least get the cat--yikes! Vanessa has been fighting with her housemate, a woman 15yrs her senior, to make arrangements for her cat when she leaves because she, Vanessa, does that for her little dog and can't be responsible for the cat. Not only that, Vanessa has asthma and is allergic to the cat! Maybe now the woman will love her cat enough and be considerate enough to Vanessa to take responsibility. But the amazing cluelessness of this never-lived-with-anybody-before woman is a whole other story! OK, I just have to give another example of this; one day, Vanessa came home to find her housemate had put a bunch of clothes into her(Vanessa's) closet in her own bedroom. The woman was truly baffled why this was inappropriate. She said her own closet was already full and Vanessa had plenty of room! --ha! There's more, but I'll put those on non-quilting Chit-Chat someday in the future.

Again, thank you and I'll keep you posted.
Prayers for Vanessa and when this is all over, hopefully she can find a better roommate. At any rate, keep us posted -
Old 05-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Banned

i sure hope her house makes it with no fire...
Old 05-09-2009, 05:17 AM

Praying for everyone in the path of these fires...hope it stops soon
Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 AM

no news since yesterday from daughter... arghhh
Old 05-09-2009, 09:14 AM

Will keep on with the prayers and hugs to you and family.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Oh this whole situation down there is so heartwrenching! Prays have been going out for all of the residents of that terrible fire area.

I am just glad she is alright. That is the most important thing.