Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Medley of the month??? >

Medley of the month???

Medley of the month???

Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Default Medley of the month???

I took the plundge and enrolled in a MODA medley of the month club. it's $18 a month and they send you 6 fat quarters from new lines of MODA. Ok I had to justify this to DH got me thinking.......OMG am going to be getting 6 of the least popular prints?? Has anyone ever done this? Good experience?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM

I think you're going to get a huge mix of fabrics, but no, not the least popular. One month, you might get a theme - plaids or paisleys or Autumn, the next month, you might get Kansas Troubles, Fig Tree, etc. I really don't know how the Moda Medley of the Month specifically works - that's just an idea.

I get the Civil War Medley of the Month and I'm happy with it - many manufacturers, but a narrower focus.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM

A bit pricey for me. I did just purchase Keepsake Quilting's Mystery Medley: 6 FQ (coordinating) of their choice for $6.99. I purchased two sets - one was fabrics from Winterthur Museum Ancient History (Andover) and I thought they are just OK. The other set was from Robert Kaufman's Imperial Garden and are gorgeous. So I felt I made out good
Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 AM

Thanks so much!!! Yes this is from Keepsake quilting I have always had good experiences with them so I'm hopefull.....I saw someone post something on the mystery medleys and it was not good.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 AM

Yes, I did two groupings a couple of years ago...........30's repro & civil war. I grumbled every month when I saw my bank staement, but was thrilled every month when the FQ's came. This is a great way to build up your stash. I do alot of scrappy quilts & FQ's are great for that.