Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Mindless, Mindless, Mindless S & C

Blog Entries
    Boy does that just shimmer!!

I almost feel like I'm looking at a pictorial quilt!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :D

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    I still have two more quilts to bind and then Im caught up. I have made two dolls meantime too......
    BEAUTIFUL!! quilt - love it :!: :thumbup:

But one thing really puzzles me...

what the heck does 'caught up' mean :?: :!: :?: :?: :!:

Blog Entries
    When I first saw the finished product I thought of the game Shoots and Ladders!! That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    rosy,

Love the photo of the finished quilt. Each block is much larger than I thought it was when I was watching the "in process' photos. Now I have a better idea of the scale. Wow, what a fun project! I hope that whoever receives that quilt knows about your experience in making it -- what a joy to the recipient because you had so much fun in making it.

I asked all of my relatives to give me a grocery bag of scraps as a Christmas present. You would have thought I suggested we burn the American flag. They all think I'm crazy. Then I recommended they go to the Goodwill and buy some shirts or dresses that I can use to cut up and turn into scrappy quilts. Again, not an idea that went over well. Some people just don't GET IT! At least on this message board, there are other folks who see the value in scraps and crumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by montanablu
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    I still have two more quilts to bind and then Im caught up. I have made two dolls meantime too......
    BEAUTIFUL!! quilt - love it :!: :thumbup:

But one thing really puzzles me...

what the heck does 'caught up' mean :?: :!: :?: :?: :!:

That just means that the quilts made lately, within the last two months ...need a binding. I don't have a lot of UFO"s as I pull them out and do them here and there. I don't refer to them as anything hahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
    rosy,

Love the photo of the finished quilt. Each block is much larger than I thought it was when I was watching the "in process' photos. Now I have a better idea of the scale. Wow, what a fun project! I hope that whoever receives that quilt knows about your experience in making it -- what a joy to the recipient because you had so much fun in making it.

I asked all of my relatives to give me a grocery bag of scraps as a Christmas present. You would have thought I suggested we burn the American flag. They all think I'm crazy. Then I recommended they go to the Goodwill and buy some shirts or dresses that I can use to cut up and turn into scrappy quilts. Again, not an idea that went over well. Some people just don't GET IT! At least on this message board, there are other folks who see the value in scraps and crumbs.

I hope you get many scraps and have much fun with them. The recipient of this quilt is just me hahahahah. I keep all the quilts I make unless they are specifically made for someone. I hope on day to have a show of all my quilts and dolls..
    Attached Images Attached Images

This looks like scraps not crumbs am I confused? I thought crumbs we very small pieces :?: :?: :?:

Blog Entries
    Rosy I thoughly enjoyed the learning process I just experienced from start to finish. Very Very Very Nice quilt. I was wondering about the crumb quilts because I just recently heard about them, actually here on the site. I am very interested in making one. I don't think I have enough scraps yet. I hope to see the next one you post. Thanks again Rosy. :):):)

Power Poster
    A true piece of art, Rosy!
    I was so captivated watching your quilt grow.
    Very unique! And inspiring!
    Thank you for sharing your process with all of us!

I love working with scraps too. Some of my friends give me their bags of "garbage" (the scraps they won't use!!!). I love sorting them and using them in scrap quilts.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7