Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mountain View Quilt Shoppe, Billings, MT >

Mountain View Quilt Shoppe, Billings, MT

Mountain View Quilt Shoppe, Billings, MT

Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM

Default Mountain View Quilt Shoppe, Billings, MT

Is anyone familiar with this shop? I placed an order through the website (for some fabric I had been unable to find elsewhere), but other than the automatic "We got your order" email, I have heard nothing from them. I have emailed, and today tried to call, but instead of a person, I got what sounded like a fax machine tone. I thought someone from the Billings, MT, area might have some info.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

you may have called during a 'closed' time- try again, different times of the day- and send them an email asking. I have not heard of them- or dealt with them-but I have ordered from a couple different shops that I felt I was left * in the dark* not hearing from anyone- not even receiving an acknowledgement that my order had been received (although the money left me) I've tried calling- sent 2 or 3 emails- with no response- then out of the blue my order shows up- with a nice little 'thanks for the order' note. I do find this to be quite stressful- since generally if I am ordering fabric it is because I need it-yesterday- so I have started being more *pro-active* if I find something on a new site I've not heard of before now I call them first- actually talk to someone- find out how quickly my order will go out if I place the order-and what method of shipping they use- if I like the answers I receive I place my order with them - and may then order on line in the future. if I do not manage to get ahold of anyone- or it doesn't sound quite *business like* I go search elsewhere for the fabric I was hoping for. some things are just not worth the stress. good luck I hope you manage to reach them & your order arrives in a 'timely manner'
Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not under time pressure; I was just so excited to finally find the fabric that I ordered without checking with them first. I'll try calling and emailing again. I just thought that if someone here knew the shop, that person might have information.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM

Yikes!! If you don't hear from them soon, I'd call Directory assistance for a phone number in case they changed it. Wasn't there a number on the website? There has to be some way to contact them.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I FACEBOOKED them they are there with information and hours. I would try again until you get some kind of response!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Thanks everyone. This board is such a helpful place!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM

I live 100 miles from Billings. I have not been to their shop for many years. I hear they have moved and they do not keep normal shop hours.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by SuzieQuilts View Post
I live 100 miles from Billings. I have not been to their shop for many years. I hear they have moved and they do not keep normal shop hours.
Thanks! I'll just keep emailing them and trying to call.
Angelia
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Update:

Never received any communication from the shop, but my fabrics arrived today. They were of very good quality, and I was glad to get them since Alice in Wonderland fabrics are hard to find. While three weeks seems a rather slow turnaround,and I wish there had been better communication, I am pleased with the outcome.