Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Msq wacky web template/periwinkle.... >

Msq wacky web template/periwinkle....

Msq wacky web template/periwinkle....

Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM

So strange that it worked for some people and not for others. I wonder if they had a bad batch of the templates, or of the paper? I went back and looked at the tutorial on YouTube again, and at the very end, when Jenny holds that block up, you can sure as heck see that the point is right at the edge. What were (are) they thinking??

Love MS and am dumbfounded that they'd respond that way - or for that matter that ANY quilt shop would respond that way.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I bought the papers and templetes and now want to send them back. I want to try auntpiggylpn's way. I will have to pay for shipping and I'm already out $5 for shipping to me, so it's probably not worth it. Dang!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM

Unfortunately, I too ordered the papers, template, glue stick special the Missouri star quilt company had listed on their site for the periwinkle site. This is my first order and may be my last after such disappointing results. I ended up purchasing the new quilt magazine that has many of their patterns in it and the periwinkle pattern just happened to be in there. It was when I compared the wacky web template to the template outline in the magazine that I realized why my blocks were not coming out with points as many of you have mentioned. The two are not the same size nor the same exact shape! Also, when comparing the triangle papers sent to me from msqc, these were not all the same size either. I am pretty disappointed as I have most of my fabric cut for this project. Hope the msqc steps up to the plate on this one.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 AM

Lovely pattern....I just went over to youtube and watched the MSQC video..this issue is raised by one viewer over there....this is MSQC's response regarding the issue.

MissouriQuiltCo 16 hours ago

We made an adjustment in the magazine that addressed that issue and are working on a fix for our existing templates now.

Last edited by Steady Stiching; 02-28-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

OH My, I took a closer look at my four blocks and although they sewed together perfectly the tips will be cut off 1/4" when sewn to four more blocks. That doesn't bother me at all but I know to some it would. It will be simple to make the adjustment so I'll know next time. I like using the paper templates. I didn't have a problem with those at all.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

I bought it for the spide web. didn't like that so put it away til I saw the periwinkle... took it out again. Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching View Post
Lovely pattern....I just went over to youtube and watched the MSQC video..this issue is raised by one viewer over there....this is MSQC's response regarding the issue.

MissouriQuiltCo 16 hours ago

We made an adjustment in the magazine that addressed that issue and are working on a fix for our existing templates now.
I wonder what the "fix" will be.....
I think a lot of these were sold.....btw...where have you found the summer issue of the mag...apparently it is correct there...
Old 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I used Bonnie Hunter's tutorial on www.quiltville.com to draw my own cutting template and paper pieced on phone book pages. It is working well and I am sewing my rows together. Are some of my points not perfect, yes but it is a scrap quilt and I am trying to not obsess about it.
I also used BHs method for this pattern and loved the simple way it worked. I have done a table topper and am readying scraps for a bed size quilt. It may be a periwinkle, it may be a spiderweb, it may be both!
peace
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

I remade the blocks and the points aren't cut off this time. I just extended the white fabric to overlap each other.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by peacebypiece View Post
This one really needs a photo to make any sense at all.

We posted pictures today on our on how to get that point and still have a seam allowance. Sorry it took us long to get this done but I hope it helps!!!