Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My Birthday Present from Hubby - annual quilting retreat

For the past 6 years hubby has ensured I have been able to make the quilting retreat held by LQS. All I have to do is pack; clothes to take; easy just throw a couple of shirts, jeans, etc into a bag. But oh what to take to quilt is so hard. This year we are doing UFOs, well the threads I order to quilt one of my UFOs still hasn't arrived after ordering 2 weeks ago. It will have to be my show and tell. I am not short on UFOs just which ones to do and then what threads to take. Have the wine bought for evening relaxing. Need to come up with a snack to take; any suggestions would be welcomed. I am so excited leaving early tomorrow morning for the lovely drive to the mountains. Will post pictures sometime after Sunday.

I'm so excited for you. I'm going on a quilt retreat this weekend also. We are doing a mystery quilt. Hope your thread gets there on time. The wine sounds like a great addition. Have a great time.

Blog Entries
    chocolate for snacks, have fun!

Brownies! Cookies!

Awesome!!! I would love if my husband did that for me! You go and have a fun yet relaxing and productive weekend!!

sounds like fun!! wine & chocolate!! Whoo-hoo!

Sounds like so much fun, going to a retreat is on my bucket list

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure to let us know of all the fun you had!! :D

How fun!!

Does he have a brother???? Any thing for the snack except no "healthy treats" only oreos or chips. 8-)

What a great birthday present. Have a fun time and be sure to let us know how it went.

M&m's are the perfect quilting snack. No chocolate on your hands.

That sounds like so much fun. Have a great time.

For a snack, how about the asiago cheese/asparagus dip with some yummy whole grain chips (you can get them at SaveOn or Overwaitea/Coopers - can't remember the Alta name? (my favs).... Where exactly in the mountains do you go for this retreat? Just came home from a weekend retreat (close to home) at a church camp...no wine....but that's okay, got way more quilting done! I searched out a few kits from the sewing room to take, and then there were 3 different quicky projects demoed & we made them too.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    For a snack, how about the asiago cheese/asparagus dip with some yummy whole grain chips (you can get them at SaveOn or Overwaitea/Coopers - can't remember the Alta name? (my favs).... Where exactly in the mountains do you go for this retreat? Just came home from a weekend retreat (close to home) at a church camp...no wine....but that's okay, got way more quilting done! I searched out a few kits from the sewing room to take, and then there were 3 different quicky projects demoed & we made them too.
    We are going to the Overlander Lodge which is about 10 min. east of the Jasper Park gates. This will be the first time we have been at this venue. We have stayed at the Sawridge in Jasper.
    We will have one quick project that everyone will be doing but the rest of the weekend will be working on UFOs. WE also have a group dinner out on Sat. night and the evening is taken up with show and tell, some fun games and just a fun evening.