Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
my DH says Ive turned into a monster... >

my DH says Ive turned into a monster...

my DH says Ive turned into a monster...

Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
Couldnt agree more! I join you in Sept!! Can't wait!! Been making all the purchases in anticipation of having sewing time!!
You're going to love your new freedom to choose what you want to do or not do. It's so much fun to get up every morning! Congrats a little early!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by dawna View Post
i got a sewing machine for mother's day...and then it began. Lol i have started quilting and lets say it has turned into an obsession. I can admit that...not sure about the monster part. I lay in bed and design whole quilts, tote bags, table runner, ect. So is this normal? I used to enjoy reading, watching tv but now all i want to do is quilt. I love it so
i have been told the same thing only a few years back,so when my family saids hon,or mom would you get me a quilt i feel a little chilly i just smile and laugh.then they say please i am really cold.then laugh again an go get one and ask them how does it feel.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:39 AM

I say it's a wonderful obsession! At least we have something to show for out time!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:52 AM

Welcome for th family. You will also find when you look at something you will begin to see how the pattern is and how you can turn it into a quilt. sometimes it's just a pattern that is painted on something but it can still be made into a quilt. lol
Can't wait to see your quilts.
Dawn in Waco
Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 AM

Hello, my name is Linda and I am a quilt addict. My husband thinks I go twice a month to a 12 step program for help, but I am actually going to my quilt guild meeting and sewing day. He thinks I go every spring to "dry out" for three days, but I am actually going on a quilt retreat. He never asks why I take my sewing machine with me...
Welcome to the family!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I use to work 40+ hours a week for years. Since I don't work now I figure I can devote all that time to quilting if I choose. The family did just fine with me away from home those hours so they can do just fine with me in my sewing room those hours. I don't care what they think I should be doing anyway. LOL
I was supposed to be laid off at the end of this month and was looking forward to having more quilting time as well as setting up a dedication sewing room. Now I'm still working for another 30 days (not really complaining) but it is cutting into my quilting!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

lol well if this is an obsession .. hmmm when I was off 5 weeks due to foot problem that was all I did was sew, except for when the medicine said I needed a nappy. DH works nights and I went out into the "ROOM" (which we share), and sewed to my heart's contentment or until I needed a nappy according to the medicine !LOL. He would get up and know exactly where to look for the dog and me.. back door to the sewing room open, nice breeze coming through and my machine a humming ! Or on the couch with the tv on low and fast asleep for a few hours.. LOL
Oh and I could have worse obsessions for sure ! lol
Old 07-23-2012, 06:08 AM

And I forgot to mention that I even see quilting related things wherever I go. For instance, I was on an Alaska Air flight earlier this year and the bulkhead made me think of quilting to the point I took a picture of it. Addicted to quilting? Nahhh! LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350789[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quiltpattern.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:18 AM

Oh yes, I can relate to you on this. Day or night I am doodling new quilt designs, with these new designs flowing in to my mind from where ever. If I make a quilt from some elses design, I always have to change it so it is then mine. Don't ever stop. This is called creativity.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Oh my! You are tooo funny!! Our creativity obviously runs wild into our conversations, huh? I'm still laughing!!