Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Janome dealer called me with great news

Blog Entries

My Janome dealer called me with great news

My dealer called me this week to ask just how much I use my Horizon on my quilting frame. I was hesitant to reply worrying that she'd tell me I voided a warranty or something - nope!
    She called to say Janome had come out with a couple of new feet that I might like.
    One is a FMQ open toe foot that when you have the machine on the frame, the open part actually faces you -- genius!
    The others are thicker at the bottom - more like a longarm foot - so you can do ruler work without the foot slipping under the ruler all the time, and so they'll play well with longarm rulers and templates.
    I'm pumped, I can't wait to see them (and find out the price tag, well, not so pumped about that one)
    So, guess what happened yesterday?
    Yes indeed. Princess Horizon decided it was time for a spa day. Crap! But since she's put in 2 years of hard labor, I guess I should be ok with that. It just killed the budget for new feet.
    There's always next month, or Christmas, right?
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

Sounds great! I too, have a Horizon, never thought of putting it on a frame...is it possible to post a picture of your setup? Is your dealer local? I am from the London, Ontario area as well.....

Thanks for the info. I will have to check out the new feet!! Sorry about your machine!

Blog Entries
    Today I was looking for something on Sears site and they now sell Janome machines and extras,they also sell some accessories for Viking and Singer but more for Janome. A few yrs ago they only sold Singer and Kenmore. I have a Viking but I even saw a few hoops that I might price for mine. I already have 5 or 6 hoops but they have a couple of little ones 4x4 that I'm checking out. Feet can make the difference when quilting. Viking has the interchangeable walking foot with extra feet to go with it; very neat. Enjoy your new feet.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    Today I was looking for something on Sears site and they now sell Janome machines and extras,they also sell some accessories for Viking and Singer but more for Janome. A few yrs ago they only sold Singer and Kenmore. I have a Viking but I even saw a few hoops that I might price for mine. I already have 5 or 6 hoops but they have a couple of little ones 4x4 that I'm checking out. Feet can make the difference when quilting. Viking has the interchangeable walking foot with extra feet to go with it; very neat. Enjoy your new feet.

Kenmores were made by Janome for many years. I think they still are.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
    Kenmores were made by Janome for many years. I think they still are.
    I just bought a Kenmore a little over 2yrs ago when I started sewing again and couldn't afford the Ruby that I now have. It is made by Janome and all of the attachments that I ordered had Janome on them. But when I bought mine they didn't have Janome being sold on their website or I probably would of gotten it due to I could use my credit card and get a good warranty. Now they are selling things for Janome, viking and singer.
    Judy

I just did a search on these! Wow! These are attachements that go on the Janome darning/quilting foot. I sure would love to try these on my machine even though it isn't a Janome. The price on Allbrands.com is $19.99 so that isn't way out of range. BUT the foot that holds these are $50 for the high shank and $54 for the low shank...... These prices are on the allbrands site for those that are interested. I just searched for Janome feet and Janome free motion quilt feet. I shall have to do more searching.....

Quote Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
    She called to say Janome had come out with a couple of new feet that I might like.
    One is a FMQ open toe foot that when you have the machine on the frame, the open part actually faces you -- genius!
    Is this different to the FMQ foot that came with our machines? I thought the open toe one on the convertible foot did face you
    Blessings from Janice

Wow...I wish Juki would come out with an open toe FMQ foot that faced me while on the frame. Someone was really thinking on that one. Sorry about your machine. At least you now know what to ask for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_ticky2 View Post
    Is this different to the FMQ foot that came with our machines? I thought the open toe one on the convertible foot did face you
    It faces you when you use the machine in the traditional fashion - sitting on a bed and the front of the machine (control panel etc) is facing you.

When she puts her machine on the frame it sits sideways like a long-arm machine would sit. The new foot will now be facing her with the machine sitting on the frame.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Could I ask where the Janome dealer is? I live close to London but have mostly been going to Hamilton because I know where the dealer there is.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    It faces you when you use the machine in the traditional fashion - sitting on a bed and the front of the machine (control panel etc) is facing you.

When she puts her machine on the frame it sits sideways like a long-arm machine would sit. The new foot will now be facing her with the machine sitting on the frame.
    Ahhh....of course...now I understand...lol. Thanks for explaining that
    Blessings from Janice

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
    Wow...I wish Juki would come out with an open toe FMQ foot that faced me while on the frame. Someone was really thinking on that one. Sorry about your machine. At least you now know what to ask for Christmas.
    I recently got in touch with my Juki dealer & they took one of the quilting feet that came with my machine & cut out a small piece from the front of the circle piece & voila, I now have an open toe foot for FMQ. Contact a dealer & they may be able to do the same or someone who repairs machines may be able to do it for you. Hope this helps.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by molsonbindie View Post
    Sounds great! I too, have a Horizon, never thought of putting it on a frame...is it possible to post a picture of your setup? Is your dealer local? I am from the London, Ontario area as well.....
    Yes, I'd like to see this setup as well. I have a Horizon, and its body just seems too "stocky" to put on a frame. Course, I don't have space for a frame at this point, so I shouldn't even dream about it!
    Cathy

I'm following this post...is the frame specific to the Horizon? Or would it fit other machines? I have the Janome 6600.
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.

Quilt foot

Quote Originally Posted by newestnana View Post
    I'm following this post...is the frame specific to the Horizon? Or would it fit other machines? I have the Janome 6600.
    I also have 6600 and wonder if it would fit mine. I attach my 6600 to my Handiquiltr frame. Very interesting.

I quilt alot on my Juki TL98QE and I can see just fine with the FMQ foot that came with it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I quilt alot on my Juki TL98QE and I can see just fine with the FMQ foot that came with it.
    Hi Jingle, I have a Juki TL 98 Q and I see good with mine, too & I love the machine. I have mine on a Grace Frame. Is your's on a frame? Although, I bet I'd be happy with an open toe foot that's made specially for machine/frame quilting. Debbie

Hi tjradj,

I'm very interested in your post. I have just bought a Horizon 7700 and it is still in the box. The dealer offered me free lessons, so I'm having my first one this Saturday. I'm really pumped about it, but I must admit I'm a bit nervous. The machine cost a bomb, so please, please, PLEASE tell me you love the machine and that it's the best purchase you have ever made.

Also, I, too would like to see your set up with the quilting frame if possible, please.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

Sears was selling, in the store, Janomes in the late 90s. I bought my Janome 385 from them in 1999-2000. Also purchased extra feet, lights, bobbins from the Sears Parts Direct group recently and the savings were significant over the price the local LQS Janome dealer was offering.

Juki has a new long arm machine!! And they are introducing some new "stuff" by Sep! So hang on to you hats and your money. I saw the long arm at the Long Beach Quilt Show, what a beauty!!
    Chrystina
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning.., Satan shudders & says ..."Oh no....she's awake"

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrystinapCreations

Wow! I didn't know one could put their machine on a frame. I'd love to see pictures. I am learning so much from stalking all the topics!

I too would love to see a photo of it on the frame. I have used mine once but think I need to get a longer carriage for the machine to sit on.
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    Could I ask where the Janome dealer is? I live close to London but have mostly been going to Hamilton because I know where the dealer there is.
    If you're looking for options for Janome dealers ... I highly recommend Triangle Sewing Centre in Guelph. Wonderful people who know their stuff, provide service beyond belief, have the classes for the machines as well as advanced sewing techniques, PLUS an on-site mechanic.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ View Post
    I also have 6600 and wonder if it would fit mine. I attach my 6600 to my Handiquiltr frame. Very interesting.
    My handiquilter frame that I bought used came with a Juki 98 and had the handle attachment but I sold just the machine, kept the frame and the throat on the Janome is the same size as the Juki was so it works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast