Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Janome dealer called me with great news >

My Janome dealer called me with great news

My Janome dealer called me with great news

Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 AM

Default My Janome dealer called me with great news

My dealer called me this week to ask just how much I use my Horizon on my quilting frame. I was hesitant to reply worrying that she'd tell me I voided a warranty or something - nope!
She called to say Janome had come out with a couple of new feet that I might like.
One is a FMQ open toe foot that when you have the machine on the frame, the open part actually faces you -- genius!
The others are thicker at the bottom - more like a longarm foot - so you can do ruler work without the foot slipping under the ruler all the time, and so they'll play well with longarm rulers and templates.
I'm pumped, I can't wait to see them (and find out the price tag, well, not so pumped about that one)
So, guess what happened yesterday?
Yes indeed. Princess Horizon decided it was time for a spa day. Crap! But since she's put in 2 years of hard labor, I guess I should be ok with that. It just killed the budget for new feet.
There's always next month, or Christmas, right?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 AM

Sounds great! I too, have a Horizon, never thought of putting it on a frame...is it possible to post a picture of your setup? Is your dealer local? I am from the London, Ontario area as well.....
Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the info. I will have to check out the new feet!! Sorry about your machine!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 AM

Today I was looking for something on Sears site and they now sell Janome machines and extras,they also sell some accessories for Viking and Singer but more for Janome. A few yrs ago they only sold Singer and Kenmore. I have a Viking but I even saw a few hoops that I might price for mine. I already have 5 or 6 hoops but they have a couple of little ones 4x4 that I'm checking out. Feet can make the difference when quilting. Viking has the interchangeable walking foot with extra feet to go with it; very neat. Enjoy your new feet.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Today I was looking for something on Sears site and they now sell Janome machines and extras,they also sell some accessories for Viking and Singer but more for Janome. A few yrs ago they only sold Singer and Kenmore. I have a Viking but I even saw a few hoops that I might price for mine. I already have 5 or 6 hoops but they have a couple of little ones 4x4 that I'm checking out. Feet can make the difference when quilting. Viking has the interchangeable walking foot with extra feet to go with it; very neat. Enjoy your new feet.

Kenmores were made by Janome for many years. I think they still are.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
Kenmores were made by Janome for many years. I think they still are.
I just bought a Kenmore a little over 2yrs ago when I started sewing again and couldn't afford the Ruby that I now have. It is made by Janome and all of the attachments that I ordered had Janome on them. But when I bought mine they didn't have Janome being sold on their website or I probably would of gotten it due to I could use my credit card and get a good warranty. Now they are selling things for Janome, viking and singer.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM

I just did a search on these! Wow! These are attachements that go on the Janome darning/quilting foot. I sure would love to try these on my machine even though it isn't a Janome. The price on Allbrands.com is $19.99 so that isn't way out of range. BUT the foot that holds these are $50 for the high shank and $54 for the low shank...... These prices are on the allbrands site for those that are interested. I just searched for Janome feet and Janome free motion quilt feet. I shall have to do more searching.....
Old 08-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
She called to say Janome had come out with a couple of new feet that I might like.
One is a FMQ open toe foot that when you have the machine on the frame, the open part actually faces you -- genius!
Is this different to the FMQ foot that came with our machines? I thought the open toe one on the convertible foot did face you
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 PM

Wow...I wish Juki would come out with an open toe FMQ foot that faced me while on the frame. Someone was really thinking on that one. Sorry about your machine. At least you now know what to ask for Christmas.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2 View Post
Is this different to the FMQ foot that came with our machines? I thought the open toe one on the convertible foot did face you
It faces you when you use the machine in the traditional fashion - sitting on a bed and the front of the machine (control panel etc) is facing you.

When she puts her machine on the frame it sits sideways like a long-arm machine would sit. The new foot will now be facing her with the machine sitting on the frame.