Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Janome is possessed!!!! It sews on it's own. >

My Janome is possessed!!!! It sews on it's own.

My Janome is possessed!!!! It sews on it's own.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Thanks I will check it out. This machine isn't very old. I don't even think it is two yet.
I don't think it's the terrible twos. lol

I strongly suggest that you get the foot pedal checked. You may have a dust bunny hiding or a wonky connection.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Oh no!!!!!! I have a Jonome 6600. Is mine going to become possessed too? If you turn it off and restart it do you still get the beeping? If not, try sewing w/o the peddle. You have the knee and push button, don't you. If it still does with either of those, you know it's not the foot peddle. You might just need to have it serviced. DARN. I hate it when that happens.
It hasn't done it today. The knee thing is only for the presser foot isn't it?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Does your machine have a computer in it?
Yes it is a computer
Old 07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Oh no!!!!!! I have a Jonome 6600. Is mine going to become possessed too? If you turn it off and restart it do you still get the beeping? If not, try sewing w/o the peddle. You have the knee and push button, don't you. If it still does with either of those, you know it's not the foot peddle. You might just need to have it serviced. DARN. I hate it when that happens.
It hasn't done it today. The knee thing is only for the presser foot isn't it?
Some machines have a knee thing instead of a foot peddle, all the ones I have seen are in cabinets, Mom had one when I was growing up and my old stand by in case of everything else is broken or busy machine that is in a cabinet has the knee control, it is easy to use, especially for kids that cn't reach the floor with their foot, sometime you can get more control as well
Old 07-26-2009, 05:10 PM

THanks CB. The Janome 6600 has a knee thing too but as far as I can tell it only raises the presser foot. I haven't used mine.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

I have the presser foot one on my babylock, and oh learn how to use it, It took a bit for me to get used to it but it is so much faster when I am piecing it isn't even funny. I had to start using the foot control with my left though as I tend to go at the same time and the right leg was doing double duty. It frees your hand to line up stuff and all of that, rather than have to reach back, ( I know some now have a putton to up and down the presser foot, the new quilting brother does, I find it really slow though, would drive me nuts)
Old 07-26-2009, 05:24 PM

I have a really old Singer with a handle that fits in the front for a knee control! I love it. I find I do have better control with the knee lever. I may see how I can fit my Janome with a knee control using the foot pedal and mount it on my Koala cabinet.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Thanks I will check it out. This machine isn't very old. I don't even think it is two yet.
I have a Janome6600, hope it's not contagious, bc I have been in your place :shock: lol...I could be a carrier :wink:
(make sure e. kitty has not been near it :lol: )
Old 07-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

[quote=kwhite]Good idea Kacie. I did take the foot pedal apart and there is a bar inside there and it seemed sticky. I oiled it and worked it back and forth until it moved freely. So far it hasn't done it today.

When it happened last night it was way late and it did scare the bejabbers out of me. I tend to watch supernatural things when i am in the sewing room. LOL it makes me laugh to think of you all envisioning my machine just stitching all by itself. ROFL. It wouldn't be so bad if it were talented, but it is obviously a beginner so it needs to start it's own projects.[/quote

kw, do you mean you have a tv, or dvd player in your sewing room, and you watch scary stuff...in the basement?
uh-uh!!!! :shock:
Old 07-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Skeat who bets if you got down on your hands and knees, you would see it is sneaking under something:)[/quote]

on purpose, just to laugh at you, K!!!! :lol:
Funny how stuff and critters are in your house...are you the original owner? think your place needs a 'cleansing', lol :lol: