Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: My trip to Joanns

  1. #1
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    I feel bad...but I tried.

    I went to Joanns last night because I had the "itch" to not let my 50% coupons (2) expire. I didn't want to spend much...so I just spent some time looking around.

    Anyway...they had some really cute flannels on clearance $3 yd + 50% off (so $1.50 a yd) so I picked up 4 yds (1 yd ea of 4 coordinating patterns) to make 3 receiving blankets and several burping pads for my great-nephew that we're expecting in late April. So I figured $6 for all that is still cheaper than in the store, plus "I" made it =)

    But I still had my 50% off coupons...well I found this adorable kit that was bright & colorful and soft. It wasn't on sale so I could use my coupon.

    ANYWAY...to make a long story short....I only got charged for 3 of the 4 flannel cuts and the kit was marked down to $9.97...I told the girl I had 4 cuts and that the the original price was $19.99 but she swore she was accurate...and that I could still use my coupons. I'm like okay...I'm not going to say it twice.

    The moral of the story is I will be making 3 receiving blankets, a baby quilt and burping cloths for under $10!

  2. #2
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,996
    Wow Lori, what a bargain, can you post some pictures so we can all ogle them please :D

  3. #3
    Super Member Quilt4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    9,035
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow what a great deal.

  4. #4
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    LOL -- you DID try to tell her she was wrong :-) :-)

  5. #5
    Super Member beachlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,753
    Sounds like a good deal to me!

  6. #6
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Wow Lori, what a bargain, can you post some pictures so we can all ogle them please :D
    Will do! I've been gone all day (still am...i love laptops!) but as soon as I'm home I take some pics.

  7. #7
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    LOL -- you DID try to tell her she was wrong :-) :-)
    I'm glad someone else feels that way. I mean I always try to be honest...if someone gives me the wrong change, charges me the wrong price, etc. I give it back, I say something. I just believe in being that way...karma is important to me.

    I felt bad about this, but I felt like I tried. I'm not going to fight with someone. I wasn't going to put it back...I found something I liked.

    Hopefully it won't bite me in the butt!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    616
    that's ok. that makes up for me buying the fons & porter magazine thinking i would use the coupon on it, but they did their usual and had magazines 10% off (no sign posted). so instead i got 50 cents off a package of $1 acrylic stamps and paid nearly $6 for the magazine! i never pay that much for magazines! i would have gotten it from the library! that's what happens when you don't pay attention!

    so now they're even!

  9. #9
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    can't wait to see pictures :D :D

  10. #10
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,722
    I'm like that too Sweetness.

  11. #11
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    that's ok. that makes up for me buying the fons & porter magazine thinking i would use the coupon on it, but they did their usual and had magazines 10% off (no sign posted). so instead i got 50 cents off a package of $1 acrylic stamps and paid nearly $6 for the magazine! i never pay that much for magazines! i would have gotten it from the library! that's what happens when you don't pay attention!

    so now they're even!
    Poor thing! I hate when that happens =) Maybe you should have come to my Joann's you might have gotten it for 60% off!!!

  12. #12
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    This is the kit for $4.98 - makes a baby size quilt. A group of flannels, cottons, and whatever that really soft orange material is.

    [img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_yWdkVti-zUg/SX...0/DSC_9142.JPG[/img]

    Here's the four cuts of flannel. I'll use the prints to make 3 receiving blankets and the stripes to make several burping pads. The total on these cuts were $4.50

    [img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yWdkVti-zUg/SX...0/DSC_9149.JPG[/img]

    I just fell in love with them for a little boy!

  13. #13
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    This is the kit for $4.98 - makes a baby size quilt. A group of flannels, cottons, and whatever that really soft orange material is.

    [/img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_yWdkVti-zUg/SX...0/DSC_9142.JPG[/img]

    Here's the four cuts of flannel. I'll use the prints to make 3 receiving blankets and the stripes to make several burping pads. The total on these cuts were $4.50

    [img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yWdkVti-zUg/SX...0/DSC_9149.JPG[/img]

    I just fell in love with them for a little boy!
    Those are awesome!

  14. #14
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    LORI~~~
    You did awesome
    :D :D :D
    :D :D :D
    :D :D :D

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    YOU DID GOOD girl...... :D

  16. #16
    Super Member Mplsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Villages, FL
    Posts
    1,817
    You tried! My Joann's people are really helpful and make sure I get the best deal with my coupons, etc. Sometimes when I didn't realize there was another coupon available they have one at the register and give it to me to use. Do all Joanns do that?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
    Do all Joanns do that?
    not! they're good about giving them out ahead of time, but they don't ever have them in the store during the ad. not at mine, anyway. but they're still good people. kind of chatty.

  18. #18
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
    Do all Joanns do that?
    not! they're good about giving them out ahead of time, but they don't ever have them in the store during the ad. not at mine, anyway. but they're still good people. kind of chatty.
    Yea...I'm with Patty. Mine doesn't ever have extra coupons. I do have to say they're always good about making sure to even out the edges or give me end of bolt inches. They're not real chatty...but they are helpful if you initiate.

    My Hancocks on the other had...OMG! They irritated me so much on New Years Day that I'm not sure when I'll go back. They're just mean older ladies. They don't want to help, they don't like you browsing, they're mean to their own an employees. It's sad...because it's practically in my back yard...and they have a better selection, but it's just so negative in there I come out unhappy.

    I'm lucky to have several 4-5 LQS in my surrounding area (less than an hr drive) that are just marvelous...so I "can" make choices =)

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    My Hancocks on the other had...OMG! They irritated me so much on New Years Day that I'm not sure when I'll go back. They're just mean older ladies. They don't want to help, they don't like you browsing, they're mean to their own an employees. It's sad...because it's practically in my back yard...and they have a better selection, but it's just so negative in there I come out unhappy.
    interesting - wonder if they have some kind of company policy to be like this? my Hancocks people are pretty much the same way. there are a couple that are pleasant. the Manager looks like she'd rather be anywhere but in the store!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.