Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Name this block

I really like the block! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries
    That is one stunning block!!! I, too, will be watching for instructions on how to make it into a PP.
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

I was waiting for some of the more computer savy members to jump in and tell us about PP with graphics included but since it didn't happen YET I will show my ignorance by jumping in. The very easiest way is to let the EQ program divide the block into segments and just print out the PP pattern. If you don't have EQ, I can only tell you how I would do it. The block looks to me like it has two distinct segments. The corner pieces and the middle pieces. Graph the block the size you want the FINISHED block to be. Cut the segments apart and add a quarter seam allowance around the OUTSIDE of the segment. Paste as many segements as will fit on a piece of paper. Duplicate as many as you will need for your project. Where is Jan when you need her?

Power Poster
    I'm sorry I can't help with the name of the block, but the fabrics make it quite a stunning block. Have you tried quiltescache.com you might find it there.

Btiny36, I just finished that block this afternoon and it is NOT hard....Take your time cutting the pcs, and do just as it says and it goes together just fine. Have fun..;o)

Jean

Wow thanks for this link.. It's a beautiful block and I will have to make it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltorelse View Post
    It's called Double Aster. Here's where I found it: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DoubleAsterBlock.html
    Creativity is the essence of the soul
    Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by quiltorelse View Post
    It's called Double Aster. Here's where I found it: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DoubleAsterBlock.html
    Thanks for the link,, but I wouldn't even attempt that block with those instructions...I need way more step bu step instructions and to "see" it as it goes together!

It is such a pretty block.

Blog Entries

name this quilt

MYSTIC EAST

Vey nice

QUOTE=btiny36;6176499]After spending 2 days searching for the name of this star I have come to my fellow quilters for help. Can you name this block? Attachment 423855[/QUOTE]

This is a very beautiful block and I am thinking of a table topper, but then it should be about 20". Have any of you bright quilters an idea how to enlarge it in a way that I will be able to do that? I don't have EQ.

Didn't know it's name (now I do) but it is one of the blocks I did in the Marcus Brothers Civil War Tribute quilt. It is done, if I remember correctly, with a partial seam which was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's a beautiful block!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Blog Entries
    I'd name it "Beautiful"
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2