Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help missing back to pattern Log Cabin Christmas tree wallhanging by Eleanor Burns >

Need help missing back to pattern Log Cabin Christmas tree wallhanging by Eleanor Burns

Need help missing back to pattern Log Cabin Christmas tree wallhanging by Eleanor Burns

Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 AM

I made this about 5 yrs ago. Wasn't sure if I still had the pattern, but I did! Log Cabin Christmas Tree Wallhanging by Eleanor Burns, 1st. Edition 1986 by Quilt In A Day. Here goes"
Center Square: 1/2 yd. solid red, rose, pink, or burgundy.
Border: 1/2 yd red, rose, pink, or burgundy calico.
Light Background Color: 1/3 yd. each of three different white or off-white fabrics.
Tree Trunk: 1/8 yd. of one brown calico
Backing Fabric: 1-1/4 yd. of one of the greens
Binding (optional): 3/8 yd. same green as backing
Lightweight Bonded Batting: 42" square of thin (3 0z.) or medium (5 0z) thickness.
Tying Material: 1 skin embroidery floss or 2-1/2 yards narrow gold ribbon or cording
Thread: one spool neutral to sew blocks, one spool to patch the backing, one spool nylon invisible for machine quilting, fusing thread for optional binding.
Decoratrive Accessories (Optional): 9 tiny bells, three 2" x 3" gift wrapped packages, 4-1/2" x 9" piece of gold fabric for small star.
Supplies Needed: rotary cutter, 6" x 24" ruler, 6" x 6" ruler, cutting mat, sns, curved needle, walking foot.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM

You just made my day! Yes that is the directions I was looking
for. I appreciate it so much and now I can get started on
the project. Thank You, I hope I can be of help to someday, Carol
Old 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by mmhrpt
Carol You can call Quilt in a Day at
1-800-777-4852 and ask for Customer Service. There's a gal there named Karyn who is wonderfully helpful and I'm sure could either e-mail you info you need or mail it to you. I belong to a forum they have set up at their website--tho haven't been very active there lately. But their staff is GREAT!!
great to know.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM

So glad to be of help!!! Just don't forget to post a pix when you are done! It's a really nice wallhanging, good luck!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 AM

I'm not sure if you got my message last night or not, thank you again, promise I won't bother you again with this pattern
but when i checked over the instructions I couldn't find any yardage for the making of the tree part of the tree as I recall it had possibly three of maybe only two different greens, maybe I
overlooked it but hope you can check for it.......much apprecition Carol Miez
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 AM

Yep, sorry, I missed the tree fabric: it says 1/3 yard each of 3 different green fabrics for the trees. If you need any other questions on this, it is no problem. Just let me know. I have the booklet and I am anxious to see yours when you are done. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Again, sorry -
Old 01-20-2010, 03:24 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to check . Again I appreciate it so much and when I get it done I will surely post a picture. Carol miez