Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Help with quilting on the Bernina 830 and Quilting Frame >

Need Help with quilting on the Bernina 830 and Quilting Frame

Need Help with quilting on the Bernina 830 and Quilting Frame

Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 PM

I need some advice when quilting on the frame with a Bernina 830.
I just purchased this a month ago and my first test quilting was o.k. but then I quilting a pieced quilt with just straight lines "in the ditch". The tension wasn't so great on the top so I played with different ones until it looked o.k. When I finished and turned it over, I could pull the thread out!
I was told it was probably my thread so I've changed to Isacord (suggested by the dealer that sold it to me) and I can not get it to stitch without getting messages that the thread is broken and it's not!
I need to know exactly what thread I need to use for both the bobbin and the top thread! Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:27 PM

Use a mirror to check your bottom tension. Try switching to a cotton top and bottom like Aurifil. If you keep getting the broken thread warning with all the threads, it's likely not the thread, but a sensor problem. My 830 has had 2 sensors replaced.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:36 PM

Thank you so much Candace!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 AM

I almost bought one of those machines, but after reading the reviews, there were thousands of people who had the same issue. You might want to google your machine and look for reviews on it. From what I read its a glich that can be fixed if you "make" them fix it. I would call the costomer service also. Thats how most of the owners finally had the glich fixed.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I almost bought one of those machines, but after reading the reviews, there were thousands of people who had the same issue. You might want to google your machine and look for reviews on it. From what I read its a glich that can be fixed if you "make" them fix it. I would call the costomer service also. Thats how most of the owners finally had the glich fixed.
I don't understand? I've never had to have anyone fix my machine under force. I love my 830 and it's a fabulous machine!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM

Hi, I love my 830, but in two years my dealer has had it about as much time as I have. Anyway, are you using the BSR? They put a new thingy in my BSR and it works better...Anyone have trouble with the stick on Velcro coming off the roller bars??? I am.