Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Need to know why everyone buys vintage Singers

My Featherweight 221, was purchase by my mother, used, in the late 50's and was the first electric sewing machine I used (I was in my teens & in 4H). It's a wonderful machine and I have zig zag and button hole attachments. It is part of the family and gives me a warm feeling every time I use it. It is in my will, to eliminate any arguments.

I have a Singer Slant-O-Matic model 401A.Purchased in 1959 and I love it, sure has saved me lots of money over the years. I think its going to out live me.

Power Poster
    I don't have one because money is tight but one day I will buy one of those beauties.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional
    I had a consveration with a Singer repairman and he was saying the new models were a piece of junk and he refused to repair them . If you have a older model they were a great machine.
    I totally agree with what the Singer repairman said! I used to sell the new Singers...it hurt to sell those. :oops:
    I love my old Singers.

I wouldn't trade my FW for anything. I love it, it's a workhorse.I don't have a car so it fits very well on the bus, I do use a cart so I really dont have to "carry" it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4