Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Need to Stop Quilting by Check Book - Your suggestions please

I used old cut up clothing and old sheets,blankets just about anything that you could sew thru. Started out just doing circles sny ole size will do, I tried doing straight lines but that didnt work for me at all just didnt like the way it looked. Then all of these practice pieces that passed inspection were bound and donated to a local charity.

Why don't you try a simple meander and do the quilt in sections like a quilt as you go. When you have sewn up the last block/ line of blocks then all you need to do is the bind the edge or add borders the same way.

I do machine quilt my quilts. I protect the quilt from the sharp corners of my machine cabinet with plumbing pipe insulation. It fits around the corners and has sticky edges to keep it in place. See the photo attached. When I have a quilt that's large, heavy, or bulky, this protects it.
    As others have mentioned, if the quilt is very large I put card tables around me to hold the weight of the quilt.

Pipe insulation protects quilt from sharp corners of table
    Name:  Attachment-112997.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  27.7 KB

start with placemats, table runners, and wall hangings. Then baby quilts. Before you know it you will be comfortable to do a full quilt.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    tHANK YOU, AND GOD BLESS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3