Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: THE NERVE!!! (Kind of long)

Blog Entries
    Really!!! That takes lots of guts. Should have said something at the beginning if there was something special.

and that is exactly why I won't take orders for quilts
    If I make one that you like fine if not go else where
    I am not the best but I'm sure not the worst
    Some times I make one that I really like, some times they will just do and other times I have to ask myself "What was I thinking" but in the end it all is just a fun way to pass my time.
    Nope, no orders for me and those clueless people can go bother someone else.
    Sorry they picked on you all!

Isn't it "wonderful" how people who don't know how to do something (but admire and love the finished product) are so willing to volunteer our services....then have the gall to ask for changes when it's 99% done.

You did well in choosing here to vent. You are so tactful and gracious....

Blog Entries
    Good for you! It pays to be polite, though, and to explain about how much work, time and MONEY went into making the 'donated' quilt. Some people might just be more understanding and apologize when we approach them that way.

You chose the right place to get the venting out of your system - we understand and agree!!!!!!!!

I would be upset with the 2 non-sewers who decided your group would do the donation quilt. They basically volunteered everyone else's services and resources. In the future all donation/charity projects should be voted on and decided by the group. I personally wouldn't want to be part of a group in which 2 people make the decision for all involved. If the organizer is not happy with the quilt dont' give it to his organization. It seems to me that the organizer forgot that he was getting a free quilt to raffle off. I would've expected him to show a little gratitude.

[email protected]! Some peoples kids, O mean adults. Next time, let know your feelings or they will walk all over you.

Quote Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1
    i would be certain that there was a label with proper attribution on it: "hand made by---- and -----: 1,000,000 (actual total hours of work) hours of hand work done with love and care for (insert group's name here)", and put the dates it was worked on.

whoever ultimately acquires this should know, even if the powers that be are too ignorant to give credence to the work in it!
    Wonderful idea! Those ignoramuses need to know how much effort went into making it.

This reminds me of a similar situation at my church. Two C'mas's ago, our church secretary, bless her heart, thought it would be a really nice thing to do if the quilters would make a lap quilt for each of our two elderly bedridden members. "We" got the request about December 6th, or so!!! We did think about it and discussed if we could pull it off. The end decision? No, we could not!!! As it turned out, the one lady passed away days before C'mas. Several of our members went to her bedside for an end of life service. She was so pleased that we did that, as were we.

Patti

Some people just don't realize what a job this proget was.

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again. Moving to Arkansas
    Tell him sure! You'll have it done when he re-enters the womb and births himself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Knowing me, I may have tried to fulfill the request.

I guess I'm too eager to please. But I would not have taken it apart. I might have tried to applique the redesigned center block over the top of the other one. But I would have told him how tacky it would look, and if the university initials were that important, they may have agreed.

But I too would have been incredulous.

This is just Reason #154 in my list of why I don't sew for other people.

Sometimes if you know that you have too much already in your life, it is best to just say no at the beginning, than to get so worked up over it. When you know full well how hard this would be. Saying no is hard but better sometimes.

I have started doing that-saying no when I don't really want to do it. Instead of feeling the guilt to get it done. You're right, sometimes it's just better not to get involved in these types of situations. It almost never goes as planned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4