Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Coats & Clark Egyptian Cotton Thread

New Coats & Clark Egyptian Cotton Thread

They are showing "new" in the new Joann flyer (7/13 thru 8/2). Has anyone seen it, tried it, any comments good or bad? Without mentioning brands, I would love to get decent comparable for less.

How can I post which brand is comparable if you don't want me to mention brands? Here is what I go by:

The highest grade is extra-long staple Egyptian-grown cotton. Any cotton that does list the staple length is probably lower grade short staple cotton. Most thread labeled “Egyptian cotton” is not from Egypt.
    I love my life!

Yes, really good I like using cotton thread, I stop using blend (poly/cotton).
    Vontina Collick

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward" -Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.

Blog Entries
    Long staple Egyptian cotton thread is not new in the quilting/sewing world. And be aware that most "Egyptian cotton" doesn't actually come from Egypt.

Here's some good info: http://www.superiorthreads.com/educa...es-and-cotton/

Blog Entries
    It is a 'new' item. The display has just gone up within the last week (some stores haven't even completed the display!). So, even I haven't tried it yet. We also have a new line of zippers and bias trims. Not sure why new items are coming out in mid summer - but they are.

Am I reading into your post that you are a JAS employee?

Blog Entries
    I was wondering the same thing....