Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Hand quilting frame - yippee! >

New Hand quilting frame - yippee!

New Hand quilting frame - yippee!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 PM

I just bought a Jasmine hand quilting frame, used, on Craigslist. I have been looking for a couple of years now. I really had my heart set on the Jasmine one and of course anytime I would see one for sale, it would be thousands of miles from me. I couldn't afford to buy a new one ($600.00) yikes! Even if I could afford it, I didn't want to spend that much, just in case it doesn't work out like I hope. I am a little intimidated by the instructions on loading the quilt onto the frame, any help you can offer will be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:10 PM

Congrats and good luck!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM

sounds like fun
Old 03-06-2011, 01:54 AM

I'd like one too, but like you, want a bargain....
Old 03-06-2011, 01:58 PM

What is special about a Jasmine hand quilting frame. Maybe it's something I would like.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:19 PM

I would like to know this also. 80
Old 03-06-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
What is special about a Jasmine hand quilting frame. Maybe it's something I would like.
Of course, this is just my opinion, many others here have different frames that they love. These are my reasons for wanting the Jasmine, maybe you will agree, maybe you won't.
1. It is beautiful; if you must have it in a living area, or like to quilt with your family around you, having it be attractive is a plus.
2. It takes up very little space, can be tilted vertical, flat against a wall, if needed.
3. It is a 3 rail system - no basting!!
4. Lot's of adjustment possible in height and tilt.
5. You can quilt from both sides of this frame, so if I am not able to learn to quilt away from me, I can just move to the other side when I am done with all the quilting I can do in the direction I am comfortable with. The 3rd rail moves to either side of the frame.
5. It is not a ratchet type adjustment, so it has an infinate amount of adjustment that can be made.
If interested google Jasmine Heirloom quilt frames, you can take a look at them. I also have the Jasmine easy spinner hoop that I love for smaller quilts.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by roselady
Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
Of course, this is just my opinion, many others here have different frames that they love. These are my reasons for wanting the Jasmine, maybe you will agree, maybe you won't.
1. It is beautiful; if you must have it in a living area, or like to quilt with your family around you, having it be attractive is a plus.
2. It takes up very little space, can be tilted vertical, flat against a wall, if needed.
3. It is a 3 rail system - no basting!!
4. Lot's of adjustment possible in height and tilt.
5. You can quilt from both sides of this frame, so if I am not able to learn to quilt away from me, I can just move to the other side when I am done with all the quilting I can do in the direction I am comfortable with. The 3rd rail moves to either side of the frame.
5. It is not a ratchet type adjustment, so it has an infinate amount of adjustment that can be made.
If interested google Jasmine Heirloom quilt frames, you can take a look at them. I also have the Jasmine easy spinner hoop that I love for smaller quilts.
That is very interesting. I will google that & see what it looks like.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by roselady
I also have the Jasmine easy spinner hoop that I love for smaller quilts.
Congratulations on your new frame!! I also have the Easy Spinner. I don't have any advice for you about how to use the 3 rail frame because I've never used a large frame but the idea of not needing to baste is very attractive to me :mrgreen:
Old 03-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Congrats!!!!!!!!!