Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Mexico quilt show >

New Mexico quilt show

New Mexico quilt show

Old 01-05-2015, 01:48 PM

Default New Mexico quilt show

Can anyone please tell me about this quilt show, how big is it? I've gone to Puducah, does it compare?
Is there plenty of hotels, so we don't have to worry about finding a place? I just want to know that it's worth the effort. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:12 PM

I have never been to Paducah (it's on my bucket list) but I did go to the AQS show in Phoenix last year. I would say it was a good show, lots of vendors and quilts to look at. I was only there for one day but that was enough time to see everything. I didn't sign up for any classes.
If you go to their web site there is info about the show and in the middle of the page you can click on "lodging" to get hotel info.
http://www.quiltweek.com/locations/albuquerque/
Old 01-05-2015, 05:47 PM

There are plenty of hotels in Albuquerque, just depends on what you want to spend for a room. Don't get one on Central Avenue.
I am going on a Friday and maybe Saturday. We have a daughter there and she has a guest room. The convention center is fairly large and will hold a lot of people. Don't forget to eat some green Hatch chile.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:31 PM

If it were closer and/or a different time of year I would go. If for no other reason than the tons of LQS in ABQ. What a great city. As to hotel...we've stayed at the Howard Johnson several times during balloon fiesta (read high rates) and it was very reasonable and very clean. Amenities, not so much but we were just looking for clean beds and reasonable traveling distance to fiesta and it has worked well for us. NAYY.