Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's Day Mystery Quilt >

New Year's Day Mystery Quilt

New Year's Day Mystery Quilt

Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 AM

Yeah, I didn't realize that until I went in for the next part.... so I am not doing this today but will print it out for another time.... I needed something to keep me busy TODAY tho so I am organizing my fabric........ Tomorrow I will work on the Planet Patchwork mystery......

I am quitting smoking so have to have things to do now... not weeks from now! LOL
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 PM

Country Quilter Congrats on deciding to quit smoking. I am lucky that I never did it. Keep your hands busy! Got the binding cut now I am ready to sew it.
Connie1948
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM

I have decided to participate and am excited at the venture...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM

YEAAAAAAA COuntry Quilter, congrats on quitting smoking. U GO GIRL. I dont have that addiction...but can we talk "Junk food"?? OH MY, back to weight watchers and exercise for me next week. IF sewing, reading and puter worked off calories, I would be anorexic. ANYWAY, good luck,,,,you can and WILL do it. Good to substitute something the way you are.

Praying for you.........Margie
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
Yeah, I didn't realize that until I went in for the next part.... so I am not doing this today but will print it out for another time.... I needed something to keep me busy TODAY tho so I am organizing my fabric........ Tomorrow I will work on the Planet Patchwork mystery......

I am quitting smoking so have to have things to do now... not weeks from now! LOL
I think that's what I'm going to do with the quiltville project. I still have to look at what else is in my line-up of 'to-do!'

Yea for you quitting smoking! I think deciding is half the battle (the easy half, I'm sure!) Stay in that sewing room and keep busy!

I must have an addiction to food! Egads! Anyway, what I started to say, my sister and I are going to get a yard of fabric for every 5# we lose. Extrinsic reward is very encouraging! Plus look at all the $$$ saved on not buying all those goodies at the grocery store! Last time we did this it was jewelry for every 10# (Too long to wait!) Starting the Sunday after the new year all goodies are out of my house (again!) So, what extrinsic rewards do you have planned? I mean you should get something for every day you go without a smoke!! :D
Old 01-01-2009, 02:08 AM

I told my DH what you said .... 1 yard for each day? LOL Maybe 1 yard for each week would be more fair.... but... he's already made me a deal.... my son has a 4 wheeler for sale and I ride it cuz its parked here anyway as he has no place to park it.....so he said he would buy that for me if I quit..... I was afraid my son might find another buyer so I agreed! I enjoy going thru the woods with it.... me and the dog!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:22 AM

Country I read your last post first and I thought you meant your DH said you had to quit quilting and you agreed. I almost cried - then I read the above posts and was so glad you were going to quit smoking!! Yeah for you! 4-wheelin' sounds fun!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:27 AM

40 minutes to go!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:57 AM

4 more minutes! Are we ready? I'm dressed and the beans are in the pot!

Patsy, A yard a day and a 4-wheeler. Makes sense to me! :o)
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 AM

I've been waiting VERY impatiently! LOL Ready set go!