Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Noltings Quilter >

Noltings Quilter

Noltings Quilter

Old 01-30-2018, 10:28 AM

Default Noltings Quilter

There is a longarm for sale in my area that I have inquired about, but it says "Noltings", with no model number . I have looked up pictures of the brand and they all say "Nolting" with no "s" and the model right on the casing. What do you suppose that is all about?
They are asking $4000.00 for it and it looks to be on a frame, so that's a good price around here if it is in good condition.
I have asked a bunch of questions, so we'll see what they say, but I'm wondering if anyone cansolve the mystery of the "s" at the end of Nolting?

Watson
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

I would guess the person selling it has no clue. This happens when estates are involved. The quilter passes and the family is left to liquidate all the sewing machines, etc. The people selling have absolutely no clue what they have or what they are selling and probably couldn't even tell you how to thread the machine. This could be a blessing or a curse. A blessing if they are letting the machine go for a fraction of its worth. A curse because they know nothing about the machine and couldn't help you with it if they wanted to, if something went wrong.
The good news is Nolting has a good reputation for customer support and will most likely support you with any issues even though you got the machine 2nd hand.
Nolting's beginner model, the fun quilter goes for $4,600 new with no frame and no stitch regulator.

http://www.funquilter.com/
Old 01-30-2018, 11:00 AM

Thanks, Feline...I ran across Nolting on FB and they immediatley got back to me offering support and suggestions if I did go to see it. Very helpful. This is $4k Canadian, so I wouldn't have to pay exchange on the money or duty. Hmmmm.... We'll see if the owners get back to me.

Watson
Old 01-30-2018, 03:56 PM

If this was the one advertised on Kijiji recently, the owner is very quick to respond.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:09 PM

I haven't seen this one on Kijiji. I will be calling him tonight.

Watson
Old 01-30-2018, 06:36 PM

Watson I have had my Fun Quilter by Nolting for about 9 years and it has never given me any problems! I bought it used and had it shipped to me and from the moment I got it Nolting was there with support even though I bought it from another dealer. It has been a workhorse for me. My machine just says nolting on it no model no either. If you can get the serial number of the machine they will tell you how old it is.Anna
Old 01-31-2018, 03:56 AM

Well, I did my taxes last night and tax return says no long arm for me right now.
Anyone in the Southwestern Ontario area, I think this might be a really good deal. I spoke to the man last night (before taxes) and it "seems" to have a stitch regulator. It is set up so you can take it for a test run and he seems well-versed in the mechanics of it. Unfortunately, his wife is ill and so they are selling it.
If anyone is interested I can give you the contact info.

Watson