Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10 >

Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

Old 12-27-2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
being a newbie at this do we start 2010 gift plans this week
huh? I'm running about 2 years behind on major events. So I think I'll be heading into 2008 at this point. lol
LMBO I'm so far behind I think I'm ahead :-D
Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 AM

I'm thinking about starting a tree skirt for DD & SIL. That means I haven't actually started it just thinking about starting it.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I'm thinking about starting a tree skirt for DD & SIL. That means I haven't actually started it just thinking about starting it.
I do that with a lot of projects -- think about them!! But most of the time, they don't even get started. Do these count as UFO's? (LMAO)
Old 12-27-2009, 05:50 AM

If I have to look at red and green fabric again any time soon I'm taking to the bridge!! LOL. Made so many gifts that I'm not even thinking about them until at least June or July.
My newest project is lime, pink, purple and black--definitely the ANTI red and green!!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:59 AM

I have a quilt started for each of my kids that I hope to finish for Christmas next year and I would liek to make stockings for all of us, so I'm going to hit the clearance fabric for that. I also have a table topper, my fall quilt from the block exchange and my chocolate raspberry quilt when I do those blocks...Ok, if I can just finish my WIP I will be an extremely happy woman!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
being a newbie at this do we start 2010 gift plans this week
huh? I'm running about 2 years behind on major events. So I think I'll be heading into 2008 at this point. lol
This is hilarious...I tell you, my mind quilts a lot more than I do. Each year I start earlier -- it's July 4th and I go to bed that night and the next morning it's Christmas Eve - how does that happen? Anyway, I always promise to be faster but, oh well. Life is good. :lol:

I just realized I didn't answer your initial question. hmmm, let me think about it...lol
Old 12-27-2009, 06:56 AM

Too funny...Christmas????I have 4 baby quilts needed by March and I haven't even started to think about them. Mom wants me to make her some aprons and I want to try to make some purses/bags and I want to make a floral log cabin that I have already bought the fabric for and...........Christmas???? LOL!!!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
I thought I might try to make some quilts for wounded vets.
That's a given for me as well, I'm always on the lookout for fabrics, clothing, whatever to make wounded warrior and veteran home quilts. It's just a part of my day, I have 5 quilts I must must must stop procrastinating on, gifts for family members that have wanted them for awhile. sighhhhhhhh
Old 12-27-2009, 07:44 AM

Since I have my hand surgery in 10 days time, I am looking forward to putting together some of the pieces I have cut and ready. I wont' be able to cut for a while, (DH offered to cut if I need more!!!), but pretty sure I can manage the iron with my left hand. ;) My thumb will be immobilized for 5 weeks, then pysio to rebuild strength....hence lots of cut pieces ready to sew.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:06 AM

I have not yet finished my '09 presents! I figure the holiday season is through Little Christmas so I am good til then, after t
that I am LATE. 8-)

This year was a little 'off' for us so I know people who know what's been going on certainly understand...